Quantcast

Ti Deluxe 69er

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Well my IF came in, a Ti Deluxe 69er it is awesome. I can't wait to get out and ride.

On thursday it looked like this.

And on saturday the guys had me ready to rock.

I can't wait to get out and ride this thing. The frame it built up beefier than normal to make it more durable, as I have a history of breaking things.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It looks like it will be a very sturdy frame. Nice classic color scheme with the green and yellow logos/decals. Enjoy her to the fullest!

Oh - and be sure to post up a good "first ride report" as well.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I'll post it up as soon as I get out. The frame should be very sturdy. That's something important to me, as I will ride this bike hard. I needed to ensure that it would stand up to the task. So I had the frame designed around a very aggressive rider.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
are ti bikes just as strong as aluminum or steel if built with that purpose in mind?

beautiful bike btw...
Yes, ti is extremely durable. It is just expensive which is why you don't see them as often. You are correct though you do have to build the bike with your purpose in mind or else you can run into problems. As any frame can break.

Thanks for the compliment.

Uphiller

Chimp
Jul 24, 2002
Sweet! I can't wait for the ride report - especially word on the 69 setup. That's one I haven't tried yet.

BUMP

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
North-West Jersey
how does that thing handle? i rode the trek one and the handling sucked worse than a prostetute, so i hope you have a better experience wiht that 69er than i did. post up how that works out for you if you don't mind, thanks.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I have a Trek Top Fuel 69er and this. I think it handles awesome as does my Trek. But thats why they make different bikes.

Also this bike is custom made for my riding style, which is probably why I like it so much.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
is that an eccentric BB I spy? :clue:

IF makes gorgeous bikes.

I've never ridden a Ti bike. How does it compare to high end steel? aluminum?

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Yup, you spied an eccentric. This bike is stiff, but I had it built with my abusive nature in mind. So the tubing is a bit tougher than normal.

All of the steel bikes I had before the IF flexed more than this bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yup, you spied an eccentric. This bike is stiff, but I had it built with my abusive nature in mind. So the tubing is a bit tougher than normal.

All of the steel bikes I had before the IF flexed more than this bike.
Oh so its a custom build? Awesome!

If you don't mind me asking, what steel frames have you owned?

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I had a few Surly's, an On One 456 that I can remember right of the top of my head. Nothing high end thats for sure.

But yeah this one is custom. It was a very cool experience to do a custom, intimidating but I'm glad that I got it built.