Quantcast

Ti spring price

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Not possible... we know a 300x3.0 fox steel spring weighs ~520g, and a 300x3.0 ti spring definitely doesn't weigh 190g. I'd say it'd weigh in the region of 300g, making the weight saving more like 220g.

Hard to give exact figures especially with the variance in weights between different brand ti springs but I reckon that's pretty close.

Yeah you're right. I was using my calibrated Burgtec scale for the Ti spring. Using a correct earth gravity calibrated scale makes the weight difference less.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
This argument never ends...the results are always the same, the Ti MAY perform better. It WILL weight less.
arguing it performs better is about as practical as saying that because the BoXXer is far narrower than a Fox 40 it will give you an aerodynamic advantage. or, if i shave all the hair off my head i will be able to jump higher because i'm lighter.

all may be technically true on paper, but i'd hardly consider either to be a performance gain.

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
People claim they feel better becuase they need to justify why they just dropped $250 on a spring.

FWIW, I have not read through every peice of mumbo-jumbo on this thread.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
This argument never ends...the results are always the same, the Ti MAY perform better. It WILL weight less.
Well it should. Ti performs the same within humanly noticable variation. Ti weighs less...usually by about 1/3 (ti is about 1/2 the weight of steel, but most ti springs are designed with more material than their steel counterparts...)