Quantcast

Tibet; Why should anyone care?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMike, if you're going call someone a moron with no further elaboration, you probably shouldn't get all butt hurt when they retaliate...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Until China stops the forced abortions, slave labor camps, and oppression to it's citizens, (all of them, not just tibetans) China should not be traded with, or even dealt with. Boycott China, & the Olympics.
They aren't even going to be close to finished with the facilities, so it's going to be a joke anyway..
I am curious... what's moronic about that post?

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
You know, I don't know why people in America worry about TIbet when they buy goods made from China and Indonesia and such. I'm sure the workers and environments are exploited more, thanks to our american dollars, than any Tibetan monk.

Really want to help people, be careful who you give your money too.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
QFE...

The Salvador Dali Llama was a Governor or Mayor, probably a city council man.
The Dali Llama was like a Governor, under a previous Chinese regime in an era where the centralized government would have had little no role in Tibetan affairs. They then had their complete independence. Then the new communist regime came to power and conquered Tibet. I don't know how you can claim that the current regime, all of 60 years old, has rights to an at-the-time independent and historically autonomous territory they effectively annexed 60 years ago.

Additionally, all the current Dali Llama has ever asked for is autonomy, NOT independence, which would restore that situation.

Claiming that 17th century China = Mao's China just because they occupy the same landmass is like claiming that pre-revolution and post-revolution France are the same government with the same rights.

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
MMike, if you're going call someone a moron with no further elaboration, you probably shouldn't get all butt hurt when they retaliate...

And then delete the post. you are a joke, you cubicle jockey

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

hey hey, he's been properly smacked down and the deletions were probably done by the moderators.

So stop being an ass and get back into the game :)

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
there was nothing worth deleting. other than someone's ego..
I had a Valid point. It was deleted for no good reason

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
there was nothing worth deleting. other than someone's ego..
I had a Valid point. It was deleted for no good reason
Are you saying that one of your posts was deleted?

Mike cannot delete your posts, only a mod.

But again, you insulted him twice. Now, we all think that's funny cuz it's MMike, but if you want to appear to be better than him, take a different route.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
What's going on over there in China is sad but...I'm more concerned about oppressed people right here in North America...D

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
What's going on over there in China is sad but...I'm more concerned about oppressed people right here in North America...D

But don't you think what is going on right here is directly linked to our trade w/china?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
But don't you think what is going on right here is directly linked to our trade w/china?
huh?...All I'm saying is there are enough problem right here in North America...we need to address those before worrying about some other country...D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work

Slinging personal insults gets you nowhere on the internet. In this (P&WN) forum, either keep the discussion somewhat civil, or expect to be moderated. Because of the topics in here, we expect that tempers will flare occasionally. Handle it without weaksauce immature cookie-cutter internet insults, and your posts will live long and prosperous lives.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Slinging personal insults gets you nowhere on the internet. In this (P&WN) forum, either keep the discussion somewhat civil, or expect to be moderated. Because of the topics in here, we expect that tempers will flare occasionally. Handle it without weaksauce immature cookie-cutter internet insults, and your posts will live long and prosperous lives.
Since I don't want to chase FlyinPolack away -- fresh blood and all that -- I think it'd be great to let him know that MMike was edited as well and that BV chastised him as well.

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Is that aimed @ me? Because I am NOT the one that started throwing out the insults. Did you read the original posts?