Quantcast

Tifosi Optics King of the Lake Series - Info

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
We had one final date change for the last race...it will be held Sept 13-14. The attached documents contain series information to include rules and class structure. For those that participated at the two slalom build days a paydirt certificate will not be required since we utilized a sign-in log. Hope you can join us!:banana:

Attachments

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I'm stoked on this event. I hope to make it up to check out the DS course here in a the next couple of weeks.

Couple of shots i grabbed at last years Kenda Dark Mountain Super D...

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
matt, how's the DS course holding up from all of this rain? top section washed out? i'm thinking about heading up there this weekend to get in some practice.
as long as it doesn't rain this weekend the ds course should be good to go. i'm heading out there friday after work to tune up any routes the rain may have left from this past sunday. give me a call if you do make it up this weekend. later

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
looks like it'll be friday morning as the rain chance for saturday just jumped to 60%.

i'll bring a shovel and fix any erosion spots at the top. what time are you heading out matt?

i should be there by 10am as i have to be back in winston by 3.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
looks like it'll be friday morning as the rain chance for saturday just jumped to 60%.

i'll bring a shovel and fix any erosion spots at the top. what time are you heading out matt?

i should be there by 10am as i have to be back in winston by 3.
was planning to go out friday after work (5pm)...have to see if the rain holds out or not. saturday we're heading up to boone to do some dh with steven.

the ds course is pretty fast. i did some runs around 30 seconds flat and i suck at slalom so the pros are really going to be laying down some quick times.:biggrin:

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
matt,

is the DS going to happen rain or shine? forecast is calling for 50% chance of rain on sat. i just need to know if i should go ahead and get some outrigger skis ;)
We'll make a decision on Friday...keep an eye on the www.bmcc.us forum. That's were I'll post the DS outlook. If its too wet and going to rain hard all weekend we'll postpone the race to another date that will be at least 3-4 weeks out. The DS course is super slick when it rains. We've planted some grass out there which we hope will help to dry things out in the future.

Bum

Chimp
Dec 30, 2007
Wilkes Co., NC
If you want to stay in town Saturday night after the races, check out the Holiday Inn Express on US Hwy 421 N. It's right by Taco Bell and various other mexican eateries.

Tell them you're in town with the BMCC KOL and they'll set you up with a promotional rate for the race.:lighten:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
i just made my campground reservation, this'll be noah's first real camping trip...should be fun :thumb:
That's way cool. My son has a few camping trips under his belt and he thinks camping is pretymuch the stuff.

I'll see you guys early Saturday morning.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
If you want to stay in town Saturday night after the races, check out the Holiday Inn Express on US Hwy 421 N. It's right by Taco Bell and various other mexican eateries.

Tell them you're in town with the BMCC KOL and they'll set you up with a promotional rate for the race.:lighten:
Thanks Bum!

If you do decide to stay at a hotel then please hit up the Holiday Inn. Their providing a little extra if at least three rooms are reserved with the BMCC promotional code. If you have already made reservations with them then please call back to make sure they know you are coming in for the race. Thanks!!!:cheers:

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
can we register at the race or do you want us to do so before hand???

All registration is the day of...no preregistration. The time trial registration will take place at the picnic shelter just below the Ranger station. We'll have BMCC signs to guide you in. The DS & Super D will take place at each courses site.

With the chance of rain we are contemplating switching the time trial and slalom...since we left a rain option in the series rules. It won't make much difference if its raining hard for the time trial since its in the woods. So keep an eye on www.bmcc.us. If we do make a change it will be posted by noon on Friday. :monkey:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
With the chance of rain we are contemplating switching the time trial and slalom...since we left a rain option in the series rules. It won't make much difference if its raining hard for the time trial since its in the woods. So keep an eye on www.bmcc.us. If we do make a change it will be posted by noon on Friday. :monkey:
sweet! that would work out so much better. i just watched the forecast and they're calling for afternoon rain but warm/dry in the morning. :thumb:

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
All registration is the day of...no preregistration. The time trial registration will take place at the picnic shelter just below the Ranger station. We'll have BMCC signs to guide you in. The DS & Super D will take place at each courses site.

damn thats early man. i will have to leave the boro early as hell man. its straight though. cant wait to get up there and race.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
cool, sounds good :thumb: now i don't have to leave tomorrow night :D

also, i'm assuming the DS is open all day for practice and that the time schedule on the form is just for the registration/practice time frame right? ie: can we practice the DS in the morning?

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
cool, sounds good :thumb: now i don't have to leave tomorrow night :D

also, i'm assuming the DS is open all day for practice and that the time schedule on the form is just for the registration/practice time frame right? ie: can we practice the DS in the morning?
the course will be open all day but you do realize we have a big bike class for the time trial...doesn't pushing one around for 8 miles sound like fun!!!:happydance:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
the course will be open all day but you do realize we have a big bike class for the time trial...doesn't pushing one around for 8 miles sound like fun!!!:happydance:
man...that sounds like about as much fun as swimming in pepper spray after a paper cut contest! :D
i already did the helen fat tire fest XC race on the demo....that was a BAD idea :cheers:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Props goes out to The Adams Famalee (Da Da Da Dump) and the rest of the BMCC guys for putting on the Dark Mountain race this weekend.
That place always has the best atmosphere and cool people.
And the course always brings pure pain up top and pure fun on the bottom. Thanks guys.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'll second Jeremy. A good time as always. Awesome weather and a great group of people. Looking forward to the next race.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
As everyone has said, the race was awesome. BMCC always does a great job with its events. Make sure to drag out all your friends to the next one July 12th-13th.

Also I was really excited to see the large number of juniors at the super d on Sunday. I am going to hit my vendors(and myself) up for some extra prizes for the overall winners in the junior classes. We need to encourage these kids to stick around.