Quantcast

Tiger tuesday!!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Man, I wish I had a clone so I could send one of me to seatac (where I'll be all morning/afternoon) and the other to Tiger.

I :heart: night-riding Tiger. The best ride I ever had was a night-ride there earlier in this summer when they had the meteor showers. It was one surreal evening.

Enjoy!!:D

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
There IS another trail that we hit - if you make a right at the fork on the fireroad and grind it out for a little while, there is a pretty neat steep, switchbacky section that feeds you down into the middle of the upper half of the main trail. Only hit it once, but it won't be the last time. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Yeknomedir said:
Big bikes at tiger, is there some stuff out there that is off the beaten path? That would be the perfect spot to build a sick DH trail, is that area open for trail carving ;)
Talk to the BBTC if you want to contribute to the trail work there.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
That "other" route has been there for several years now. The only thing that saves it is that not many people use it and they are usually blasting down the trail so fast that they don't see where it comes into the main trail.

Building? Like Evil said, nope. I'd like to reiterate a no as well just from the standpoint that Tiger is THE biggest hotbed of contingency between the mtb community and those that oppose us. People are fighting for every inch of the trails that we have there. On a constant basis. As Snacks said, check for the work parties there. I believe Brian is having a rock party there tonight, in fact.
www.BBTC.org Then check the calendar.
As we know, there's plenty of other places to get the same vibe on without laying it smack in the middle of our foe's faces.
And, I know lots of people who would much rather be out riding, fixing, or building legal trails than destroying a bootleg one that makes the community look bad. The DNR and the Issaquah Alps Trails Club as well as the WTA all have their eyes on everything the bike community does at Tiger. All the time.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
If you wanna break the law up there just poach trails after its closed. At least then youll just get your pee-pee slapped, maybe a ticket, but at least a warning.... I wouldnt suggest any pirate trails up there unless you wanna be the one who closes down one of the most crowded trails in the greater seattle area. And remember most XC people are pretty mean deep down. they'd probably love to tie you to a tree wearing nohting but spandex for all the other DH'ers to see....

oly said:
If you wanna break the law up there just poach trails after its closed. At least then youll just get your pee-pee slapped, maybe a ticket, but at least a warning.... I wouldnt suggest any pirate trails up there unless you wanna be the one who closes down one of the most crowded trails in the greater seattle area. And remember most XC people are pretty mean deep down. they'd probably love to tie you to a tree wearing nohting but spandex for all the other DH'ers to see....
lol...roger that, I'll stay clear of the controversy and stick to less known area's for building if I choose to do so...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Yeknomedir said:
lol...roger that, I'll stay clear of the controversy and stick to less known area's for building if I choose to do so...
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I knew the spandex remark would scare ya off!!! HAHAH....... Seriously though, tiger is a hotbed of activity like the other guys said. You'd not want to poke that hornets nest too many times.......

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, Tiger is not one of those trails that you want to tamper with. There would be so many groups that would come at you that I dare not describe the ramifications. It's just one of those as-is trails - although it would be a fun one to have built-up lines on.
Who knows, maybe in the coming years there will be an enlightening of the importance of rider-specific trails and our 'kind' will be granted legal spaces for which to work on/with.
That will be a great day for sure.:)
Then again if I ever pop off Lotto, you can come build on my hill/mountain-side ASAP:thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the preston railroad trail does have the one "stunt", a log you can ride across a ditch... :D or maybe that's gone, too.

alpentalic

Chimp
Sep 13, 2004
bellevue.snoqualmiepass.wa
the log is still there.... its a lil more sketchy now then the last time i rode it which was a few years ago... i remember when i did some trail work up there with the bbtc and just after the first fun rollercoaster section of the preston trail we rerouted the rail up and out of the muddy ditch just for one 20 yard section... it was well made and had drainage and everything but the bbtc didnt "clear" it with the DNR so we had to take it out... it was a bummer cuz it would have been fun and it was a weeks worth of work for nothing

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Toshi said:
the preston railroad trail does have the one "stunt", a log you can ride across a ditch... :D or maybe that's gone, too.
As of mid-summer when the meteor showers passed thru, it was there.

I nailed it in the dark...with lights on, of course. I'm just too gnar. :monkey:

Now, if I could just clear that damned Ratpac log more than the one time I did a couple years ago...:o:

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
ha that was one interesting ride. we ended up starting on preston and geting to the end of the trail and taking a right instead of a left so we ended up going a bout 3 miles UP on big bikes until we decided that sucked and rode back down to the pacific crest trail where we were supose to be and start out on the trail and jesse is tired as hell so he walked some and after riding like 1/4 of a mile he colapses and kinda rests on the trail. after some water he moves about a 100yds more and than colapses again and according to him blacked out so i walk back a try and wake him up, pull off his helmet and try to wake him he wakes up some and he manages to sit up and eat the gronola bar given to him by a passing rider. then after about another 200yds he colapses again and aperantly dosent remember any thing but standing in the trail and then waking up with people around. the frist people only had another gronala bar but then at that same place a pair of riders offer there help and had some GU that with some water got jesse on his feet and moving again and those too stayed with us the whole way out and made sure he was ok. so a big thanks too the guy and gal that helped save the day!! jesse is also fine now for all you that were concerned. all in all a very interesting ride.

alpentalic said:
its used by thousands of people every weekend.... and its also on one of the three major hiking mtns in the region... and im sure it took alot of effort to get it opened up to bikes in the first place...
Oh I know why it's so touchy is because it's the closest spot to hike for the Seattle city people... I wouldn't call that place a Mtn though, it's more like a park with a hill.