Quantcast

Time To Eat The Thursty Donuts

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, so who knows fuck-all about Belgian waffle-makers? Our ultra cheapie never gets them crisp enough. I suppose I could Google, but maybe there is a nerd on here that knows some things.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Water in TX tastes like shit. It's clearly downstream. Study until everybody wakes up, then stuff, then sister's family gets here. 8am with a current temp of 80*; feels like 87*. This place is broken.

Speaking of broken, my Dad keeps talking about things wrong with the state and making excuses for why they're good. Like, before I can identify and things and ask questions about them. The lady doth complain too much.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ok, so who knows fuck-all about Belgian waffle-makers? Our ultra cheapie never gets them crisp enough. I suppose I could Google, but maybe there is a nerd on here that knows some things.
i don't know much, but i know using butter (instead of a cooking spray) is what works best to make ours crispy

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
:wave::wave::wave:

We got the waring pro model years ago.

:fancy::fancy::fancy::fancy:

+ This recipe

= Waffle bliss.

Crispness could be heat related, but moar fat makes moar crispy too

So I've been adding whipping cream (and a bit of water) in lieu of milk or plain water.

And sometimes use butter and coconut oil mix to funk things up a bit...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
New information has come to light. Turns out that my wife (who has also taught kiddo) hasn’t been using any butter or oil in the batter, just pancake mix, water, and an egg. Just a light spray of Pam on the cooking surfaces. 90% of the time I have a waffle, they have prepared it.
I feel betrayed.
”things are gonna change around here, I can feel it”

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
New information has come to light. Turns out that my wife (who has also taught kiddo) hasn’t been using any butter or oil in the batter, just pancake mix, water, and an egg. Just a light spray of Pam on the cooking surfaces. 90% of the time I have a waffle, they have prepared it.
I feel betrayed.
”things are gonna change around here, I can feel it”
You are looking at replacing the wrong waffle maker.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Exactly. You can imagine the existential morass I am feeling right now.
I cook almost everything in our house, I figured I could let her handle this.
That being said, she certainly doesn’t let me do the taxes!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Exactly. You can imagine the existential morass I am feeling right now.
I cook almost everything in our house, I figured I could let her handle this.
That being said, she certainly doesn’t let me do the taxes!
This is why people get second secret families.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Lol, what ? I make a standing batter that has to be shaped into a pancake. Super thick, like 3/4” thick.
Oh geez, okay then, the product I use won't work one bit then.

It's great for a more liquid mix. No bowls, measuring cups, or spoons. Just dump it all in the bottle, shake, and squirt out a perfect portion into the pan. Cleanup is easy breezy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, one more day of wrrrk, then a trip to VT. Also, just got scheduled 8 interviews for an internal transfer in the company. I mean, really? :confused:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The word of the day is FTS.

Why listen to me, a man with nearly 2 decades of sheet metal design and fabrication experience, who wants to make something cheap and simple to accomplish a task when we could instead make somebody else's rube goldberg device and pray to zeus tolerence stacking is no longer a thing? But, but, but, his design is more easily 3d-printed, which coincidentally is not how we're going to make a die at all. Good times.

Also, controversial opinion, waffles suck.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
The word of the day is FTS.

Why listen to me, a man with nearly 2 decades of sheet metal design and fabrication experience, who wants to make something cheap and simple to accomplish a task when we could instead make somebody else's rube goldberg device and pray to zeus tolerence stacking is no longer a thing? But, but, but, his design is more easily 3d-printed, which coincidentally is not how we're going to make a die at all. Good times.

Also, controversial opinion, waffles suck.
I am actively working on not giving a fuck about work stuff like this. My pay is not tied to profit or year end financials. I make suggestions or present solutions. If people ignore me and do stupid shit, that’s their problem. Even if I have to fix their stupidity, that’s fine. I am fixing their fuck up not mine.

I have promised the wife and myself not to take work so personally. Dying from a heart attack or aneurysm bc some bureaucratic clown “found millions” of savings in his Excel spreadsheet? Nope.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Cheap waffle makers never do! I threw ours out and bought a Waring pro. Well worth the investment if you like waffles.

Also, what are you using for mix? Batter should be thin…waffle iron hot and use vegetable oil instead of butter in the batter. If you’re making your own, cornstarch with all purpose flour will make them crispy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:wave::wave::wave:

We got the waring pro model years ago.

:fancy::fancy::fancy::fancy:

+ This recipe

= Waffle bliss.

Crispness could be heat related, but moar fat makes moar crispy too

So I've been adding whipping cream (and a bit of water) in lieu of milk or plain water.

And sometimes use butter and coconut oil mix to funk things up a bit...
LOVE our Waring Pro!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Cheap waffle makers never do! I threw ours out and bought a Waring pro. Well worth the investment if you like waffles.

Also, what are you using for mix? Batter should be thin…waffle iron hot and use vegetable oil instead of butter in the batter. If you’re making your own, cornstarch with all purpose flour will make them crispy.
I was with you until you suggested oil instead of butter. :D