Quantcast

Tiny gap, nothing special...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Someone on VintageBMX posted about how crazy that stunt was (besides just the gap itself) a while ago when it was first in Ride.

From what I remember, they broke some bottles where the landing is so noone would park there, had to remove some gate or fence to get to the steps, the run-up was crappy as hell, and the landing while it looks smooth in the animated gif had no run-off and there were some cars in the way.

At any rate Jimmy Levan is f'n nuts. I'm still amazed when I watch RF1 and he does that gap in Austin.

hardtales

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
Tega Cay, SC
I used to race against him... so I guess he's exactly as old as me...
When I saw him on the cover of the recent Dan's catalog, I did a doubletake - LOL - he looks like a dirty old man!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Reminding us once again that all the suspension in the world is nothing compared to real skill.

Jimmy owns nearly everyone. Have you guys seen other large gaps he has done? This is not alone.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
That is just mind blowing.

It would be still be insane even if it was done on a fully, and he did it with no suspention.

Jeez.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Jesus . . .
That's frickin huge! They failed to show the part where he admitted to having a bigass headache from the landing though . ..

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Get RoadFools 2. It has the Austin Church Gap and some other crazy motel gap and a huge road gap in it, all by Jimmy.