Quantcast

tioga spyder on a dh bike?

MaD666MaX

Monkey
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal
i just saw a good deal on ebay and i wanted to know if one of you tried this saddle in dh. i checked out mtbr but most of the time reviews are not as good as i want em to be so im turning to you monkeys:)

I actually have a nisene ti saddle and it's holding on great, will this one hold on too?

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
I ran one of those saddles on my 4X bike about a year ago. It is the best deal if your talking about grams for dollar, but the thing completely folded within a week. Then the rails went as well. When I called about warranty they gave me the ram. Do not get this seat unless you are a roady that weighs 90 lbs.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I ran it and for a season and it was fine, the only reason I got rid of it was because I sold the bike. I liked it. I weigh 140 lbs. Its pretty strong, and has a good form.

DJColdwater

Chimp
May 22, 2006
I've ran this saddle as well. It actually is pretty flexy making it comfortable and isn't as hard as it looks. I also weigh right around 140ish so I'm pretty light. I haven't crash tested mine but I can see that being the end of it if you took a nasty spill.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Tioga recommends replacing the Spyder annually. And that's when using it for its intended purpose (XC.) Pretty sure it will suck for DH. One crash and its toast. If you want a cheap/light/disposable saddle just take leftovers from a roadie snob. I have a Flite TT I got from a roadie buddy because the leather was a little scuffed up and he wanted a new Gucci w/o scuff marks.

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
The Ti rails that tioga specs on their seats are pretty weak. I had an MC-lite (the spyder with fabric over it, basically) and I bent it badly the first couple of days. Before and after that Ive run similar ti-railed road saddles.

If you want a cheap, light plastic seat selle italia makes one for track racing. Its not terribly comfortable (I wouldnt want to ride xc on it) but its inexpensive, light and from my experience very durable. No fabric or foam to rip, and the seat doesnt stay wet on muddy days, so you dont have to sit on a big muddy sponge.