Quantcast

Tire suggestions???

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
I figured I would ask this question in here because people understand the terrain im talking about.

I am looking for a new set of tires, I ride at Gambrill, and Greenbrier the most. Right now I have on Panaracer Fire XC 2.1's. they arent too great for the rocks. I have shredded off almost half of the outer knobs from cornering at high speeds. If there is anything you recommend for those types of places it would be great, I have heard that a 2.35" Nevegal on the back, and a 2.5" Blue Groove on the front is a good set up, but please let me know what you guys use for this area. Thanks

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
I figured I would ask this question in here because people understand the terrain im talking about.

I am looking for a new set of tires, I ride at Gambrill, and Greenbrier the most. Right now I have on Panaracer Fire XC 2.1's. they arent too great for the rocks. I have shredded off almost half of the outer knobs from cornering at high speeds. If there is anything you recommend for those types of places it would be great, I have heard that a 2.35" Nevegal on the back, and a 2.5" Blue Groove on the front is a good set up, but please let me know what you guys use for this area. Thanks
I like the Nevegal in the front and the blue groove on my girlfriends bike. Nevegal x2. Perhaps a downhill casing on the rear.