Quantcast

Tires for Snowshoe

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
I'm going to Shaums March Donwhill camp on June 28th and I'm looking for some new tires? I was looking at the Intense EX DH in 2.7. Any other recommendations? I heard its pretty muddy but I've never been. Thanks.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
pntballpunk51 said:
I'm going to Shaums March Donwhill camp on June 28th and I'm looking for some new tires? I was looking at the Intense EX DH in 2.7. Any other recommendations? I heard its pretty muddy but I've never been. Thanks.
When it's wet 2.3 Swampthings rock. Better switch when it gets dry however. I like Minions or High Rollers in dry conditions there.

Mike

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I rode the Minion 2.35's this past weekend and it was pretty muddy. there were a few place on "sweet dreams" where I wish I had better traction, but other than that I did fine. But yeah, when it's wet, I'd suggest the swampthings, and for dryer conditions, something fast cuz you'll fly.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Kenda Nevegal, Michelin comp16, Maxxis Minion/High Roller. Probably would be the best for all the conditions there. Sticky rubber of course.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Sticky Minions are sick. They are great in the dry and I feel like they offer plenty of traction in the mud. I have never had a problem from them while at snowshoe.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
gschuette said:
Sticky Minions are sick. They are great in the dry and I feel like they offer plenty of traction in the mud. I have never had a problem from them while at snowshoe.
I agree. I ran 2.7 ST minions all last summer at snowshoe. They worked great in almost every condition. I am also hearing good things about the WTB Timberwolf. The shop is supposed to be carring those.

Dennis