Quantcast

Titanium Inbred From Tennessee

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Seen on On One's blog/website thingy. Made by Lynskey Performance right here in the U.S.A. Brant says it should be a couple of months out and will go for about 2K U.S.

Available in single speed pureness or in the classic Slot Drop out with cable stops for gear heads.

Me? I like the pure ss version. Sweet!

Brant says it's got a flattened top tube for a nicer ride quality. Sounds killer!

Attachments

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It really interests me that we've got so many Ti frames coming out these days - especially in light of the craptastic US economy (maybe it is just a US thing though and other nations are experiencing booming economies). It seems like more and more high zoot frames are popping up when the average customer's purchasing dollar may be shrinking.

Sure looks like a super cool frame though!

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
ssmike: I think that frame Bike Radar looked at has a bit more tubing massaging than the 29"er is going to recieve. However; it should be a pretty dang nice riding bike none the less.

MMcG: I believe it is going to be the typical On One business model. Stock size range that will be available for order. Brant gave the indication that it would be about two-two and a half months out till they are in.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
It seems like more and more high zoot frames are popping up when the average customer's purchasing dollar may be shrinking.
that's exactly what i was thinking. who knows, maybe a year from now there will be a whole bunch of badass Ti frames for sale with a years use.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Hmmm.........doubt it. Here's why. If the economy continues its downward trend, folks that maybe would have spent money on other more expensive toys, projects, or other expenses can still get an ultra cool, top notch, high performance frame at a fraction of the cost. Also, consider that this is a Lynskey made bike. Let's say I was looking at a Lynskey Level 4, but now with money being tight, I might choose this Lynskey produced frame instead.

Folks will be able to justify the purchase based upon saving gas, being green, etc...

Consider also that in a recent issue of BRAIN (Bicycle Retailer and Industry News) the bike dealer network is reporting steady overall sales in the face of the overall downward trend. Mountain bike sales are one of the categories that are on the upswing over last year.

Titanium frames fell out of favor in the oversized aluminum mad late 90's and you could score some pretty good deals on some Titanium frames in the earlier part of this decade, but I don't see that repeating itself again anytime soon.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I like Brant a lot so I hope they sell really well.

Regarding the uptick in mtb sales - what classification do hybrids fall into? Do you think the uptick is more people buying high zoot mtbs, or more people buying entry level rigs?

Zone 3

Chimp
Apr 15, 2008
Seen on On One's blog/website thingy. Made by Lynskey Performance right here in the U.S.A. Brant says it should be a couple of months out and will go for about 2K U.S.
Moderators note:

you are welcome to fill us in in general on your frames, but if you want to sell, please do so via a classified ad instead of listing them in this forum as you did.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Mark

Zone 3

Chimp
Apr 15, 2008
oops, its hard sometimes; i'm a sales manager in the construction industry, bikes are my hobby (well one of them)

i have definite ideas about the way i want things to work.

that i sell some just means i wanted to share the experience with a select group of discerning, highly intelligent individuals

i'm here to talk about my rides and i ride what i build

my latest is a Rotor crank system 27 speed Ti rigid. 2 wheelsets; 26" and 29"; i'm really looking forward to this weekend when i get to ride it

It is I

Chimp
Apr 24, 2008
New here, but, I think GTed is right I don't think that you'll see a whoel lot of cheap Ti bikes for sale a year from now. Heck I've lusted after a Ti bike since I saw my first Ti Airborne 3 or 4 years ago and I think I to will finally have a Ti HT frame sometime in the near future. I think a Ti frame is a great investment and will outlast pretty much any other alloyed made bike - I'm looking that my Ti wil be with me and could be handed down to one of my grand kids/nephews 15 or 20 years down the road, IF I'm still not riding it :D

As to the booming bike business, well that makes perfect sense since being green and saving dollars from not driving would be a driving factor. I mean just think of the money you'd save just popping down to the corner store, or your friends just around the block and the lack of hassle of finding a parking space. Get some paniers and you're all set to replace the car for trips within your neighborhood and to within several miles for general shopping etc.

velomix

Chimp
May 5, 2008

Available in single speed pureness or in the classic Slot Drop out with cable stops for gear heads.

Me? I like the pure ss version. Sweet!

Brant says it's got a flattened top tube for a nicer ride quality. Sounds killer!
hey guys if you have any questions about the On One Titanium 456 26 or 29er let me know and i will answer your questions. feel free to email me at chad@velomix.com. we are the planet x distributor and will have and currently have on one ti products as well.

to try and answer a few of the questions if you are here in the US yes we have most of the Titanium models in stock and if not we can get one in production fairly quickly.

chad
www.velomix.com

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Well, it would appear that Lynskey is pretty busy these days! Since I posted this, not only is On One having titanium frames built there, but also Vassago, and an as yet unnamed brand that will reveal it's rig at the Big Wheeled Ballyhoo on June 21st-22nd.

That's three different brands outta Tennesee all 29"ers and all titanium hardtails. (Yes, On One is also doing the 26"er Inbred, but that doesn't count! :biggrin:)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Damn. I'll e-speculate here - will the third brand be a Niner Bikes Ti frame?

Oh and isn't On One also doing a Ti Inbred 456 as well as the regular Inbred?

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Damn. I'll e-speculate here - will the third brand be a Niner Bikes Ti frame?

Oh and isn't On One also doing a Ti Inbred 456 as well as the regular Inbred?
As far as I am aware, the titanium Niner is an overseas made rig.

The titanium Inbred 456 is what I was referring to in my last post. I am not aware of any other 26"er model in titanium that will bear the On One decal.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
tennessee titanium........is lynskey what used to be litespeed??
Well, kinda. Litespeed was started by the Lynskey family. They got out of the business when they sold Litespeed to ABG. (Same folks that had Tomac Bikes for a time)

Then the bicycle bug bit again and the Lynskey family got back into building bikes but used their surname this go round as the company name.

So, you have Litespeed 2008- a totally separate and unrelated company to Lynskey's operation. Two different titanium bicycle companies altogether.

jgsatl

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
ah. interesting.

i remember back in the day if you had a dean aluminum or a litespeed titanium you were equally envied and hated :D