Quantcast

tm88/tm8 who wants some?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i emailed the suppliers of the euro spec stuff with is similar to tm8, the smallest amount they sell it in is 1L bottles for around £60, roughly $120. anyone want to split? coz 1L is way too much....

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
damn, i would be down to split some but with someone on this side of the pond.

i just g ave my boxxer a rebuild using ohlins 5wt for the damper, and 7/8ths raytech 15wt with a touch of the ohlins 1/16th and triflow1/16th, for the lower leg lubercation for both side. smooth as budda.

i also found some dried tri flow on the lower part of my fork, could i try spraying my stantions with triflow letting them try then buffing them/?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
sweet, if i split it 4 ways (250ml each) its gonna be $30(£15) per person + shipping.

i wouldn't mind shipping to the us, i just checked, a rough estimate would be around $12 to ship to the us in five working days.

and it would be about £4 to france. this is based on a 500g package.

anyone have a better idea for packing it? i am just thinking 500ml coke bottles.

edit, payment by pay pal.

give me the word and i'll order the 1L bottle asap... :cheers:

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i was just thinking that, couldnt u get some type of declaration form or somthing like that?

like usually if you just fill out a bogus claim fork you can get anything across without much hassle.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
anyone wanna buy a litre in canada and split it up here... tone down the shipping cost. if i can get enough to last the summer for 35$ count me in. 66 and a 36btw

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
do some reading:p

i check with the post office and there shouldn't be any problem, unless customs in the us have a problem with it... i can put it in little bottles like these and they will look like cosmetics or something like that. and its not highly flammable, so they shouldn't be a problem there...

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
:stupid:

you only add about 5ml in a 888, and i dont know how much oil you need in there but i am guessing 200+ml? and the way i would use it is just applying it to the stanchions.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
:stupid:

you only add about 5ml in a 888, and i dont know how much oil you need in there but i am guessing 200+ml? and the way i would use it is just applying it to the stanchions.

this product is water based....it will NOT mix with oil nor is it designed to be a wet lubricant of any kind. Do not put it 'in' your fork.

wipe it on and let dry over night...then put the fork/whatever back together and fill with normal fork oil.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
so if im only using 5ml per stantion i will have enough to do 25 forks.

****, i need to get 23 forks really quick lol.

but who evers getting it, i'll take some if my paypal is working. (not sure anymore)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
it is water based, but it is meant to be used in hydraulic oil. and 5ml is the rough mixing ratio need for a 888. i do not know how much you would need per stanchion. 5ml is a bit low.. probably around 20ml.

i am going to get some, just waiting for enough ppl.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
No, the chain has high wear areas that are metal to metal contact and no way to re bath the chain during cycling. It helps but wears off fast. Just keep a clean chain. :D
I will try and get some more tm-88 in the next day or so, I have been busy but now have a reason aside of this to make a stop.
I'll keep all posted.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
it is water based, but it is meant to be used in hydraulic oil. and 5ml is the rough mixing ratio need for a 888. i do not know how much you would need per stanchion. 5ml is a bit low.. probably around 20ml.

i am going to get some, just waiting for enough ppl.
I wouldnt do more than 10ml per stanchion based on the mixing and dillusion into the fork oil. It works really well, as well as once the forks broke in and you reapply it to the stanchions its a huge difference again. I reapply it to the stanchions every 3-5 rides or so. Just because i have it.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
bump,

my fork is sticky. my wrist is dead. i need this tm ****.

how many people do we need to get a liter split? 4-6?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
bump,

my fork is sticky. my wrist is dead. i need this tm ****.

how many people do we need to get a liter split? 4-6?
its about $42 for 250ml, shipping included. just a rough estimate... i have enough people right now actually... might order it today.

edit, check with bullcrew too... it might be easier for you to get it from someone on the same side of the world.

bullcrew, when you apply the coating to the stanchions and add some to the lube oil, shouldn't it last for a few months? does applying it every 3-5 rides keep it at its optimum?