Quantcast

To console all those poor Yankees fans in my office.....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I offered to but them Garbage Plates for lunch. Weirdly nobody accepted my offer?? Hmm they even seemed pissed that I would offer a olive branch to them?? Seeing as I am the only Red Sox fan here. I decided to go ahead and order a celebratory Garbage Plate for myself. Go Sox!!!

Holy heartstopping lunch! ......jdcamb

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
stosh said:
WTF is a garbage plate?
2 Hots (red or white) or 2 Burgers or 1 of each, mac salad, beans, and homefries. All smothered in hotsauce (beef grill scraping, cloves, allspice, and Franks HS stewed together) and onions. Served with some bread. It was freekin awesome! <BELCH> God I love Nick Tahoes!! Mmmm Mmmm good....jdcamb

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdcamb said:
2 Hots (red or white) or 2 Burgers or 1 of each, mac salad, beans, and homefries. All smothered in hotsauce (beef grill scraping, cloves, allspice, and Franks HS stewed together) and onions. Served with some bread. It was freekin awesome! <BELCH> God I love Nick Tahoes!! Mmmm Mmmm good....jdcamb
what are "hots" and what are "beef scrapings"

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hots i assume are hot peppers (like you get in a sub), and beef scrappings is probably the stuff they scrape off the grill surface, all the brown bits.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
hots i assume are hot peppers (like you get in a sub), and beef scrappings is probably the stuff they scrape off the grill surface, all the brown bits.
I'm skeerred.....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
See, in Rochester, we have a company called Zwiegel's, and they make both red hots and white hots. So just calling it a dog here doesn't provide enough info :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
rot and weiss? we just have the plain old garden variety here.

in RI they have some awesome dogs called "saugies" (spelling could be way off). i miss 'em.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
The white hots are just pork, with no coloring in them. They have different spices in them too. They are quite yummy, if you happen to see them I definitely recommend trying some.

Evergrey

Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
Good ol' Rochester
wait wait wait........There hasn't been enough justice given to the almighty garbage plate yet in this thread, so allow me to shed abit o' history on this gastro-intestinal gauntlet for the stomach.
First off, the original garbage plate was invented smack dab in the middle of da' hood, almost 50 years ago at Nick Tahoe's. Over the years, this source of methane destruction has become a staple of both prince and pauper alike in the city of Rochester. Judges and celebrities have sat in the same dingy, creeky boothes with the amusement park-style leather covers that have also been occupied by the homeless, the street sweepers, the asphalt-layers, the concrete laborers and even the good ol' Rochester police and fire dept. At different times of the day, this place took on a completely different feel. The most popular time seemed to be when the mass of drunkards would leave the bars after 2:00am and start lining up out the door. The hookers would get their marketing skills sharpened, and the thugs and bums would wait in the back parking lot to try to steal whatever they could. There was more than one occassion where friends got jumped, robbed at gun point, or got into fisticuffs as they waited patiently for one of these plates. I often asked for extra hot sauce and onions over the whole mess, and watched the greasy-spectacled non-english-speakin cook go into a large crock under the fry grill with a ladle and spoon on another heep from the grease catcher. Artery-cloggin' goodness!!!! Only the bravest would actually order TWO-PLATES! Usually it was an area college football lineman, or some suicidal walking heart disease. It has been said that one plate equalled one year off your life. I'll be dead in another 7 years as a result.
Great stuff!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh man I'm a little homesick now - I miss Nick Tahoe's Garbage Plates!!!!

How was the bread jdcamb - at least a day old right? :) It is the best when it is that way I think.

Mmmmm, Nick's and Zweigles!! Gotta love them white hots!!!!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
MMcG said:
Oh man I'm a little homesick now - I miss Nick Tahoe's Garbage Plates!!!!

How was the bread jdcamb - at least a day old right? :) It is the best when it is that way I think.

Mmmmm, Nick's and Zweigles!! Gotta love them white hots!!!!
I didn't eat the bread. I can pull it of the garbage and send it to you. It should be perfect by the time it gets to you.... By the time I get to the bread I was full. I usually give it to the pigeons in the parking lot. But I had it delivered today. I feel like **** right now though. You coming home for the holidays this year? ......jdcamb

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jdcamb said:
I didn't eat the bread. I can pull it of the garbage and send it to you. It should be perfect by the time it gets to you.... By the time I get to the bread I was full. I usually give it to the pigeons in the parking lot. But I had it delivered today. I feel like **** right now though. You coming home for the holidays this year? ......jdcamb
I hope to get home for New Years methinks. :)

Some Snow/ice or urban riding perhaps?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
MMcG said:
I hope to get home for New Years methinks. :)

Some Snow/ice or urban riding perhaps?
Sure the snow should be packed down in the Grove pretty good by then. Well hopefully. PM me when it gets close.....jdcamb