Quantcast

To my sister, on death in the family...

As the river takes back the yard, existance takes us all. Thelma and Richard and Mary and you and I will know how to die when the time comes. We fear that we don't know what is wired in so deep we can't see or feel it, deep skills, root understanding. The turtle knows how to mate, to lay eggs, to move with the flood waters, maybe to survive longer, maybe not. The earth knows its deeper movements, plate shift, magma thrust. The sun even marches towards its end.

While it moves, it shines.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
johnbryanpeters said:
As the river takes back the yard, existance takes us all. Thelma and Richard and Mary and you and I will know how to die when the time comes. We fear that we don't know what is wired in so deep we can't see or feel it, deep skills, root understanding. The turtle knows how to mate, to lay eggs, to move with the flood waters, maybe to survive longer, maybe not. The earth knows its deeper movements, plate shift, magma thrust. The sun even marches towards its end.

This post leaves me with so many questions, I hardly know which to ask first... so I'll start with:

Everything OK?

E

enkidu

johnbryanpeters said:

Beautiful gift of serene acceptance of the Nature we are a part of.

And even the sun at its end will leave every single element of its dispersed mass and energy scattered in the universe in perpetuity.

May she be consoled with your gentle kindness.
My heartfelt prayers to her and her family.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
johnbryanpeters said:
Yeah, last of my mother's siblings and one of their kids seem to be succumbing to life. So be it.
I'm sorry. I wish I knew what to say, but I suspect there's very little to say. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you find comfort.
-sunny