Quantcast

To push or not to push??

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
So I have officially decided that i can't afford a romic or 6-way for my Azonic Recoil, and right now i have a Fox on it, and it feels fairly Sh!tty and I am ready for something new, any opinions on getting your shock sent into Push, oh and are there any other options for around the same price that i can do???
-John

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
I would take the PUSH upgrade over buying a new shock even if price isn't the only concern. I payed more for my Romic (custom valved btw) than I did for my PUSH upgrade and can honestly say I prefer the PUSH systems much much more. The custom Romic was a big upgrade over the stock Vanilla RC, but the difference between the Romic and PUSH was even greater yet. I've been on my PUSH since Jan/Feb or so and have zero complaints and much praise for Darren's work and service.

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Do it! I've got two Pushed Fox RC's - they are the best shocks I've had on my bikes (Romics before) - incredible performance at a very reasonable price

best investment you could make in your bike (IMHO)

:thumb:

scooderdude

Chimp
Feb 11, 2002
Bay Area
Of those of you who have gone the PUSH route, which upgrade did you have done? I have a Vanilla RC on my '02 Yeti DH-9 and am really appreciating the stable platform shock I have on my ASX (5th Element). In fact, I've raced the ASX a few times at pedally courses, but was wishing for the stability of the DH-9, if only it wouldn't bob like a pig anytime you want to motor.

Suggestions?

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Both of mine (on my Turner XCE & RFX) got the Vanilla RC Race System - the full-boat, all-the-bells&whistles treatment - incredible! custom tuned for your weight & riding style

and so far (about 6 months now) 100% reliability....

scooderdude

Chimp
Feb 11, 2002
Bay Area
Macrider said:
Both of mine (on my Turner XCE & RFX) got the Vanilla RC Race System - the full-boat, all-the-bells&whistles treatment - incredible! custom tuned for your weight & riding style

and so far (about 6 months now) 100% reliability....

Did the "race" upgrade include SP upgrades, too?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
does anyone have experience with both push and avalanche?

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
scooderdude said:
Did the "race" upgrade include SP upgrades, too?
Includes:
Disassembly/Reassembly
Oil/Nitrogen
Complete O-Ring Kit
PUSH Vault Seal Housing
R-Glyde Liner Eyelet Bearings
PUSH Dual Stage Piston
Complete Re-Valve & Replacement Shims
PUSH "Zero Bleed" Piston Bolt
Top Out Spring
Reservoir Valve & Replacement Shims

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have a Pushed Vanilla on the Big Hit and a Avalanche on the Fly. The Avy is better for drops but the Push does well climbing and DH. Push it... push it real good dada dadaaadaa. Like it was said before...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kanter said:
I have a Pushed Vanilla on the Big Hit and a Avalanche on the Fly. The Avy is better for drops but the Push does well climbing and DH. Push it... push it real good dada dadaaadaa. Like it was said before...
why?

does the avy bob? does the push blow through its travel on drops?

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
scooderdude said:
Of those of you who have gone the PUSH route, which upgrade did you have done? I have a Vanilla RC on my '02 Yeti DH-9 and am really appreciating the stable platform shock I have on my ASX (5th Element). In fact, I've raced the ASX a few times at pedally courses, but was wishing for the stability of the DH-9, if only it wouldn't bob like a pig anytime you want to motor.

Suggestions?
ive been running a straight 8 for a couple of years and have NO problems with the lawlill bobbing under power, u sure its not the FRONT end doing the bouncing?

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
I don't know what PUSH-ing it means but, I'd like to find out more. I just did a quick google and didn't find anything.

anyone want to fill me in? Sounds sweet.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
it's a modification for fox shocks but Push Industries, they gut it and put in a new 2-stage piston in it, it's basically all-new internals.

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
well i guess i am reassured as to what my choice will be, thanks! oh and btw, someone was telling me that i could possibly get a deal if i send in 3 shocks, cause my buddy has 2 rc's he wants to send in also, is that true?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
does the avy bob? does the push blow through its travel on drops?
The Avy doesn't bob when seated and climbing but does bob a little when standing and pedaling. The Push does a little better job at bob reduction when standing.

As for drops... nothing beats the Avy. The Push does a great job too but the Avy is just that much better.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
I've chimed in before on this,as have many others but i gotta praise the Push again! My ASX has come to life w/the Push.I have a 9.5x3 on the way to me from fox for my DH bike and it will go to Push before it has even been ridden.
Great pedaling and somehow is totally lively and easy to bunny hop too. Excellent reliability so far.
Defenately similar groung hugging action and moto feel like my Avy had.Ultimately the Avy has greater oil capacity and larger valves for big drops and heat dissapation,but the Push feels more dialed in to my bike to me.More adjustment range on the clickers and Darrin is stoked on everyone he talks to not acting like i am a nucence to him when i call....I know Craig is the man when it comes to mfg,but Darrin is nailing it when it comes to setup-i mean have you seen him at the races w/Carter downloading runs onto his palm pilot??!!?? Yeah Craig thinks he doesn't need to do all that but it's geeting Darrin the setup experience to hook up the average guy with his shock.
Avy is all moto,but my bike and my moto really do require different setups.I think these two guys are head and shoulders above the 'other bike co's' shocks,but between the weight savings,compatability,and price;not to mention the feel, the Push beats out the Avy for me.Bam!