Quantcast

to those who said the ray's dirt room looked boring and mellow

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I was told by my councilman that a part of cleveland (slavic village) was the hardest hit in the nation for the mortgage crisis... as far as foreclosure density.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
For what it is worth.... based on my experience in the inner city...

It kind of comes down to the police precinct and how competent they are and what incentive they have to help you (tax base, owning a business etc. who you know... have you ever been arrested or have dockets).

The 100 house owners are now surrounded by people with nothing to lose and just squaring off with the locals won't work. You really need the police to respond and protect you. If the taxes aren't there the police are undermanned and undrpowered and most likely won't have the quality of leadership to have the connections and wisdom to engage other county, city or federal law enforcement when needed.

The other thing is that... sure local politicians want to help but they start programs and then move on in 2 to 4 years leaving their projects behind. Most of the time if they take an area and decide to rid it of blatant drug activity they do start to make a dent but the politician/leader moves on and the problem just comes back.

Another problem is when there is a lack of taxes/funds the quality of the judges, police staff etc. suffers as well as the jails... infrastructure etc. so parole becomes mandantory etc... they really wind up moving the dealers and addicts around and if they clean up one area the criminals just find another area. Just moving the problem around.

I don't know what the answer is. Perhaps there isn't one although I believe if some drugs were decriminalized and the prescription drugs were controlled better (like a national regristry) we would be in a better place. So the people on meth and crack etc. could go to prison or treatment centers and we as a society could focus on the killer drugs.

Right now the prescription drug problems are worse that the illegal drug problem IMHO. All the Insurance company's share info between them about people who have recieved payouts so that if this person changes Ins. co that they can sell them a policy that in essence is higher to recoup and reduce risk. Why can't the medical community share info about a person and how many scripts they are getting filled from how many doctor's for things like Actiq. Now that is a serious drug just as devastating as meth that is legal and anyone could just go out and find a doc to get it. For awhile even dentists were prescribing it. Not sure if that is still happening.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Dude it is Detroit... have you rolled thru lately it ain't Cleveland, it is hard to believe your in America.
Hey do you know what happened to that engineer who worked for GM (impacted by the bailout etc.)... the guy that owns like every gen of the molly andholds a bunch of engineering patents. He told me some really scary stories about Detroit. Ya you got a point about Cleveland it is a tough town. I go to NYC every few months and people are always worried about harlem... or any or the burroughs... i walked from the bowery to times square at like 3am one night... ahh it was fine.

The good side is I make a good living and in cleveland it goes a long way. Heck I was born in ashtabula county which is super poor way beyond cleveland proper.

Maybe I should buy some land out there and build some jumps. :D