Quantcast

To those wondering about the status of Sinister Bikes... (x-post from Lounge)

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Transcend said:
this mean you can go back to work now
No way, I'm absolutely loving being a substitute teacher, and the company doesn't need the burden of an office slob right now. The pay is about the same, and the commute is shorter by about an hour each way. Plus i get to change the world. I always thought i wanted to be a bike industry goon, but honestly teaching is awesome. Not quite as many bike-related perks, but I can deal

Working with Clysdale and FTW is actually alot like Highschool, but Clys has to keep FTW and I paying attention and on task.

clysdale

Chimp
Nov 18, 2002
SuspectDevice said:
Working with Clysdale and FTW is actually alot like Highschool, but Clys has to keep FTW and I paying attention and on task.

haaha..............yea, something like that.......i gave out a lot of detentions.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
Hey, Sinister got a cover shot on Mountain Bike action, good to see them getting some coverage, the motorhead has definitely come a long way since I had one :cool:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I got to ride with David (clysdale) this weekend. Good guy. Our trails kept him on his toes ;) And I got to check out the R9 in person for the first time. Quality frame construction, nice details (bumper stops, Avy mount).

Having David in Ca is definitely going to help Sinister's sales. Lots of people have never seen one in the flesh and were quite excited to, I know I was.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
clysdale said:
on my toes, my ass, my head, my butt............... :D
Practice, practice! :p Nah, these trails do the same to me all too frequently
I'm outta town this weekend, but we'll get out on the mountain again soon. :thumb:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I bet the R9 PWN3D Tunnel!

I'm likin' their new 6" bike for an SB XC rig!

You are right Noah, a lot of SB guys will be riding Sinister's soon enough I'm sure.

I might be coming down afte Zmas through Jan2, I only have the Bear and no DH bike, the Enduro isn't built yet but I am dying for some Knapps shuttles!!!!

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
punkassean said:
I might be coming down afte Zmas through Jan2, I only have the Bear and no DH bike, the Enduro isn't built yet but I am dying for some Knapps shuttles!!!!
Knapps is dead :dead:
Top mile and a half is bulldozed bro, all the way to the saddle, a crying shame to ruin a great trail like that :angry:

I'm up for some riding though. Lemme know whassup

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
Zark said:
Knapps is dead :dead:
Top mile and a half is bulldozed bro, all the way to the saddle, a crying shame to ruin a great trail like that :angry:

I'm up for some riding though. Lemme know whassup
I was super bummed to find that out myself. knapps was a fun little trail.

cool stuff goin on at sinister, always liked the look of those bikes.
welcome to sb cylsdale!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I'm a SB monkey too, I think I might be only the 2nd person to Noah who has a black M1 :)

Mexican food....hmmm.....that's a tough one. El Sito is across the street from me (they're good) but we eat at Los Arryos once a week. I love their food but I never eat there, always get it go to as it gets way crowded.

Body shops are a dime a dozen here. If you want your car fixed right try prestigous? spelling? Out off fairview in goleta. I had my camaro looked at there and they were pretty stright up about what the repairs would cost etc...

Noah and the other SB guys would be good tour guides. There's cold springs/san ysidro/tunnel/jeusita etc....trails that are all fun rides. More mesa and ellwood have the jumps going on and such.

Congrats though on a new job, new place to check out, and hopefully the high price of everything here doesn't make you run away :) My entire family (both mom and dad's) are from Vermont. Mostly hillbilly's but it's all good. It's amazing how depending on where you're at how much cost of living can be adjusted. I'd pay the price though to live here. It's what, 3:45 in the after noon, December 22, and it's sunny, 63 degrees :)

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
clysdale said:
thanks man................think i'm going to like this place (slurping wheat grass juice, eating sushi, layin on the beach....)
Santa Barbara is definatly a nice place to live. Just wish the housing prices weren't so gah damn high. :mumble: Lots of cool people in town, and the riding scene is only growing. If your into dirt jumping and such you should come out to ellwood on saturdays, its becoming pretty cool spot with all the work we're putting in.

for a cool local bar check out The Press Room on ortega st.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
clysdale said:
thanks bud......how's it up there in the artic circle?
hahaha

its not too bad here on the island, but its COLD up North! Im leaving today for central MA, and its always freezing there. Hopefully Ill be able to do a little snowboarding though, we'll see. Enjoy the warm weather you lucky man!

Dave