Quantcast

Today is a day that will live in INFAMY!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Along with 9/11 and Pearl Harbor

"I know in your mind you can think of times when America was attacked. One is December 7th, that's Pearl Harbor day. The other is September 11th, and that's the day of the terrorist attack," Kelly said at a press conference on Capitol Hill. "I want you to remember August the 1st, 2012, the attack on our religious freedom. That is a day that will live in infamy, along with those other dates."
I'd love to say that this is the definitive moment that the GOP jumped the shark, but...... I'm pretty sure that this'll be outdone by someone even crazier in the near future.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
For some reason Jains, Hindus, Muslims/Jews (if eating pork), etc didn't declare the recent actions of the meat lobby a major tragedy/assault on their religious freedom as Americans. What gives?

Such a hard concept. Its a choice not a mandate - special interests don't have a right uphold theirs.

Shame on the USDA.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/07/26/meat-industry-has-beef-with-meatless-monday-forces-usda-to-retract-newsletter-plug/

Meat Industry Has Beef with Meatless Monday, Forces USDA to Retract Newsletter

It’s all too familiar to Professor Walter Willett, who chairs the nutrition department at the Harvard School of Public Health. When the USDA replaced its food pyramid with the “Healthy Eating Plate” last year, he told the Wall Street Journal it was “pretty useless” and designed his own.

“There’s a lot of schizophrenia within the department,” Willett said, citing the USDA’s promotion of cheese and beef consumption despite its warnings about saturated fats. “If you really believed in the dietary guidelines and you’re really promoting the dietary guidelines, Meatless Monday is a great thing to do.”

Willett said the newsletter also rightfully depicted red meat as environmentally taxing. Cows take two to three years to mature before they can be sold, they use a considerable amount of resources, and they produce methane, a powerful greenhouse gas.
“Without question, the 1,000-pound steer in the room in terms of environmental impact is beef,” he said.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't see how offering birth control infringes upon the religious who do not believe in it. No one is forcing birth control on anyone.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
New Huckabee publicity stunt: Trade in an Obama provided condom for a free Chik-Fil-A sandwich on Sept.11

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah but now their just encouraging black whores to have more welfare babies. duh.
Maybe tin-foil hat thinking but it would seem that certain powers are against this as lack of family planning produces an economic underclass that are easily exploited.