Quantcast

tomac 204

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
That guy right above you. I'm still riding a 204 also. Haven't had problems with the hub, yet. lol *touch wood*

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
It appears that the links below to the Edco rear hub for Tomac 204don't work anymore. Do you know of anywhere else I can get diagram of it so I don't break anything when I take it apart?
If I remember correctly here is what you need to do

1- Remove the nut from the side of the hub. This will alow you to seperate the main body from the freehub.

2- The bearings in the main body are sealed and never gave me any problem. You may want to pull the dust seal off though and repack some grease in there.

3- The bearings in the freehub are what always got gummed up. If you look inside the free hub you should see 2 metal sleeves that are covering the bearings. You have to get those out and clean and regrease the bearings. I think I took a screwdriver and lightly tapped them out. Put the sleeves back in after you finish cleaning the bearings.

4- clean and lightly grease the pawls. use the lightest grease you can find or they will get gummed up and not work right.

Hope all of this makes sense and helps

black box

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
If I remember correctly here is what you need to do

1- Remove the nut from the side of the hub. This will alow you to seperate the main body from the freehub.

2- The bearings in the main body are sealed and never gave me any problem. You may want to pull the dust seal off though and repack some grease in there.

3- The bearings in the freehub are what always got gummed up. If you look inside the free hub you should see 2 metal sleeves that are covering the bearings. You have to get those out and clean and regrease the bearings. I think I took a screwdriver and lightly tapped them out. Put the sleeves back in after you finish cleaning the bearings.

4- clean and lightly grease the pawls. use the lightest grease you can find or they will get gummed up and not work right.

Hope all of this makes sense and helps
That works. Thanks alot. While I have everyone's attention, does anyone know how small of a front chain ring I can use without the chain rubbing on the chain stay?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
That works. Thanks alot. While I have everyone's attention, does anyone know how small of a front chain ring I can use without the chain rubbing on the chain stay?
I think I had either a 36 or 38 on mine. It did rub the swing arm in the smaller gears. I just cut an old tire to fit on top of the swing arm worked fine.

Jun 20, 2007
I think I had either a 36 or 38 on mine. It did rub the swing arm in the smaller gears. I just cut an old tire to fit on top of the swing arm worked fine.

42T is the smallest according to the old Tomac literature. I run 42 with a DH tube and zip ties on the swingarm, and the chain just clears in the smaller cogs.