Quantcast

Tomac Primer 220's are now AVAILABLE

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
aside from sweet looks... what does it do. doesnt seem that special compared to alot of newer bikes?

*dont flame* just seems like alot of hype over something that i cant see being anything "outstanding" (m6, 303, V10, gearbox, ect..)

i used to own a 4bar linkage 204... that bike was super plush, and descended very well, handling was very nice... I never heard of any 204's breaking or having to be warrantied... Has anyone else heard of a 204 breaking???? Just curious...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
aside from sweet looks... what does it do. doesnt seem that special compared to alot of newer bikes?

*dont flame* just seems like alot of hype over something that i cant see being anything "outstanding" (m6, 303, V10, gearbox, ect..)

I don't think it does have any special or different to really make it stand out in that way. From my perspective, they seem to be a well built bike with good geo and clean lines.

For myself, I like the way single pivot bikes feel vs. any linkage bike I've been on, so while the M6 and 303 probably have amazing feats of engineering, I've always liked bikes like morewoods, chumbas and stuff like that. I think I'm one of the few people who chose the ironhorse kumicho over the sunday also and I'm probably not the only one who prefers single pivot.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
i used to own a 4bar linkage 204... that bike was super plush, and descended very well, handling was very nice... I never heard of any 204's breaking or having to be warrantied... Has anyone else heard of a 204 breaking???? Just curious...
I put a small crack in the headtube of my 204. That was after a few seasons and I had bought it used.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
For sure man. Nice work on 5th. I really wish I got to ride the course more/no be so exhausted from only having 2-3 hours of sleep and driving down there the morning of. Excuses...excuses. The course was a lot of fun though.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I'm afraid I've jumped off the Tomac ship... I'll keep my 204 because it looks filthy hot, but I'll be riding a new Banshee Legend come June (I'm on the short list).

To me, the Banshee is pushing the limits of downhill bike design, with forged tub to lower shock position and CG and an axle path and suspension action that is basically DW Link Ver 2.0. And at least a 1lb lighter than the Tomac. I reckon the boys a Banshee are a bit more inspired than the boys at Tomac.

How's that Banshee riding? Oh right, ETA is now Early August. At least Tomac is getting their bikes on the market.. I like the look of the new Banshee and the Geo but missing the premier events to Launch a new frame is a big mistake and I know a few riders are very dissapointed...

The only thing the Tomac has got on it is that it's made in the USA. Oops, no wait...they've move their production overseas as well... :plthumbsdown: (please correct me if I'm wrong)

How's that Banshee riding? Oh right, ETA is now Early August. At least Tomac is getting their bikes on the market.. I like the look of the new Banshee and the Geo but missing the premier events to Launch a new frame is a big mistake and I know a few riders are very dissapointed...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Mine just came in today... My camera doesn't have batteries so I snapped a few with my phone =] Sorry if they aren't that great. This thing is straight up beefy in all the right ways...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks guys. Yeah, the seat clamps are totally sweet. I cannot wait to get this thing built!

Thanks to Joel at Tomac for getting me set up on the new rig!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I haven't built it up yet. I am hoping in the next month or so I can. I just don't have the money for parts right now. Kind of just going on donations on borrowing parts for now.

Yes, the seatpost clamp is integrated. Not sure what the deal is, but it looks nice and light. =]