Quantcast

Tonite's drink of choice....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
tomvan72 said:
N8 are you already drunk? When I eat a bunch of, well, stuff, I look at similar suroundings!

My walls are painted martini olive green and my master ceiling is pamento red... it simply glows when the 'mood lights' are on... ;)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
T2s are pretty cool. Osram make eh for sure, I'm not sure who else does. You need control gear to run 'em though, a traditional starter won't do it. The mountings are tiny as well, probably 1/4 inch max OD. You can fit them nearly anywhere - They're designed to fit on normal coving or Dados.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Changleen said:
T2s are pretty cool. Osram make eh for sure, I'm not sure who else does. You need control gear to run 'em though, a traditional starter won't do it. The mountings are tiny as well, probably 1/4 inch max OD. You can fit them nearly anywhere - They're designed to fit on normal coving or Dados.

Do they have the heating problems that T5's have?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ThePriceSeliger said:
I'm really not a fan of Blavod. I have had it a few times but there is something about it that doesn't please me.
Maybe because you aren't old enough to legally buy it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
N8 said:
Do they have the heating problems that T5's have?
I don't know. I don't think so, they run cool enough to comfortably touch, thanks to the control gear I think. It steps up the voltage and frequency really high so the arc can be maintained at a tiny ampage.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
My weapon of choice tonight

18+% ABV

This is the only 1 redeaming quality of Delaware.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
N8 said:
Open your mind to all spirits and your soul will be set free.....
no, to me grey goose is just nasty. especially when mixed with cranberry juice. it tastes too much like robotussin for me.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
biker3 said:
18+ tat is dandy, Did you know Sam Adams makes the highest alcohol content beer at 21% I believe. (I know its over 20), Id really like to try it.
It's called Sam Adams Utopia, and is 25.6%. It's illegal here and pricey.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
biker3 said:
18+ tat is dandy, Did you know Sam Adams makes the highest alcohol content beer at 21% I believe. (I know its over 20), Id really like to try it.
dogfish's new 120 minute IPA is ~21% (v/v)...it costs $10 per 12 oz. bottle

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
narlus said:
dogfish's new 120 minute IPA is ~21% (v/v)...it costs $10 per 12 oz. bottle
I had one of those over the holidays and one of the 90 minute ones. I liked the 90 minute better. The 120 had an overpowering alcohol flavor to it. It could have done with some more bottle time.

If you can find it the Sam Adams Imperial Harvest is really good.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I think i have a bottle of that Blavod somewhere.. somebody brought it for my halloween party 2 years ago.. i dont remeber liking it.. but then again i was a tad gone at that point from "mini" beers..
Cuarenta y tres (43) with kaluha on top