Quantcast

Tons of moab stuff! 56k pack a lunch.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Im back, how's it going everyone, I’m back from Moab Utah with some horrible sunburn and loving it because the trip was absolutely incredible (except for the 7hr layover in Dallas due to tornadoes). I got to ride some of the most talked about trails in the world in pretty much ideal conditions. The weather was nuts, basically 75 and sunny every day. We rode back to back to back to back days, hitting all the spots that anyone would want to hit. If you ever get the opportunity to ride porcupine rim TAKE IT. It is a total epic, everyone one of us had grins glued to our faces the whole way down (except for bob who wanted to jam a rock in his hand).

We rented a car that would have made JZ proud full leather with a nav, made the trip a real pain in the ass...

We ate like kings too, good Mexican food and beer is the best post recovery food anyone can imagine.

I could write a novel about the trip but the pics do the talking. Enjoy.

Someone built this killer step up, i was to beat to hit it

Looking up the road from delicate arch

Matt throwing gang signs while running the marathon :sneaky:

Piece of wood at the Canyonlands sign

w00t w00t

w00t w00t 2

my fast likes to keep things lite

JZ would be proud

Cool shot of the mog

uhhh ok

yeeeeeeeeehaw

awesome

Justin at the Dj's

Bloody Beer, he found a rock on porcupine

Me chilling with my back on delicate arch

cacti

Life is good

Hum this

They are no joke in utah

Matt cracked his knee on the first 5 feet of the trail i have no idea how

This place was awesome

Photo Gear in our blinged ride

Justin in the berm

Us

hanging out the window

Horrible dust storm with lightning that we ran into on 191 going back to salt lake

Me being a photographer for the marathon

It's a jeep thing

This makes me dizzy, it is so far down

Made a real close friend

No Joke

This is what happens when a bunch of guys rent a condo

Justin Kicking It

Leaning it in

Again

my pride and joy

mmmmmm

Shot in arches national park

Pretty cool shot about halfway up at amasaback

Local DJ park, me totally beat trying to pump through it

J

JRB

Man - you smell really nice in those pics. Wait - wrong thread.

Good stuff, mang.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
SkaredShtles said:
Mmmmmmmmm............... Moab. Great pics, man! :thumb:

So what was the itinerary?
The itinerary was cool, we flew out on a thursday and did some hiking/riding slickrock on friday.

A couple of my friends ran the moab marathon that started at dead horse point on saturday, while i took some pics and rode slick rock the reverse way.

Sunday we rode Amasa Back

Monday we rode Porcupine rim

Tuesday Dj's and sort of bummed around because we were pretty beat.

Wed i went to salt lake to hang out...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
maxyedor said:
Good times. I need to go back to Moab soon.
My only gripe is that stupid lens hood, file the edges down so they don't show up in the picture.
Thanks everyone, that isnt a lense hood, that is the cut off from a fishey e lense :clue:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
maxyedor said:
I was thinking that mite have been the case but they didn't have that annoying, "hey look I own a fisheye lens" feel to them
There are a few different fisheye's out there, the one im running is more to pull in alot of the subject not to distort the hell out of it. its a great lens.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
you and your camera take nice pics.

what's the weather like there in the beginning of June?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Thanks everyone for the comments, the beer was great, but there was only 1 night we did some heavy drinking (see jack and bodingtons) and we had to do some searching for that at the liquor store. The rest of the nights were spent sleeping, in preparation for the next day...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dfinn said:

Thanks, man. The weather in June might be a bit tough, tough as in hot as hell...That time of year you will prob have to start rides real early. It was quite warm last week and it's only april.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey, take to the Ride Reports forum! ;)

nice account, i dug it. did you have a polarizing filter handy? not sure if it's my monitor but a few pics look washed out a tad.

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
stevew said:

So did you go on a MogTour?
No MogTour...the one right beside it had a license plate that read "HummThis" :sneaky:

Nice pics by the way man...get them to me on a disc!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
hey, take to the Ride Reports forum! ;)

nice account, i dug it. did you have a polarizing filter handy? not sure if it's my monitor but a few pics look washed out a tad.
You know, i didnt i agree a few of them are sort of washed out.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
RIght on... since you have furnished proof... I guess you really did go to Moab!!!

I love the pics... and nice shot of my dream car (a UniMog):thumb:

BTW Saturday the guys who showed me Apollo are riding there at 1:30... but we can ride there earlier if you want... it would be cool to ride with them... but I don't care as long as I am riding again... WHOOT WHOOT...

SHOCKAAAAAH!!!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman said:
RIght on... since you have furnished proof... I guess you really did go to Moab!!!

I love the pics... and nice shot of my dream car (a UniMog):thumb:

BTW Saturday the guys who showed me Apollo are riding there at 1:30... but we can ride there earlier if you want... it would be cool to ride with them... but I don't care as long as I am riding again... WHOOT WHOOT...

SHOCKAAAAAH!!!!
Yeah man that is totally cool, I hope i can get Matt to ride that late, if he cant we might have to go a bit earlier, it might be sort of cool if we could ride the stuff we rode last time first without those guys and hit up the otherside on by the creek when they get there. If its warm enough to cross that SOB.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dfinn said:

Beginning of June should not be too bad. Morning riding would be advised as well as late afternoon, in case it *is* 98 during the day.

Also - don't forget the midday "secret" in Moab - the La Sals. They go up to almost 13K which means when it's hot in Moab it's perfect up in the La Sals.

The average maximum temp in Moab in June in 92.5 according to the data: http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?utmoab - and low 90's are easily tolerable in the desert. Remember - it's a dry heat. :p

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yep, that's the stuff. When we rolled into town there were some AWFUL looking clouds and downpour. I think we brought the sunshine because it was nice the rest of the time.

Everyone needs to check out Moab at least once.

Thanks for sharing.