Quantcast

Top ‘O The Mornin’ to Ya, Lads

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Have you gotten anything to actually play them on yet?
yes....waiting on cables from amazon....the local bestbuy does not belive in stocking such nonsense...

klipsch 600? speakers
fluance turntable
old onkyo receiver....

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
decided both nephews will get money in christmas cards for christmas with inscription amount adjusted for inflation....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
But that's the thing. Daniels was never a sanctioned trail. Were I to hazard a guess, the city only knew about it because these same morons left their dork loggers running. That's how I found it, via heat mapping, and that was a long time ago. :D.

That said, if you can't find steep, technical trails in Cheyenne Canyon, the problem isn't the city building new trail, it's you. Just off the top of my head, I can think of half a dozen that remain "unmapped", but definitely show up on a Strava segment search.

Edit to add:. Just this month there was a proposal on the ballot to expand funding for TOPS, the Trails and Open Space program the city runs to fund parks, land purchases, and trail creation, often run in conjunction with Medicine Wheel, a wonderful local mountain biking advocacy group. It was a .01% sales tax increase, and was soundly defeated. If you voted against 2c and are in that thread bitching about new trail being created, fuck you and the bike you ride in Cheyenne Canyon on.
Yup. Still not worth the climb. Same as it was before, just longer and with more options. The "big" loop is one of those trails that seems to defy the laws of physics and somehow goes up way more than it goes down, yet ends at a lower elevation, some how. New Daniels was definitely more drainage friendly. Can't help but wonder if the whole new trail system wasn't throwing a bone to the shuttle and/or e-bike crowd. 3/10, probably will not bang again.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I really don't mind new, intermediate trails, more options for everyone is great. But the slow but steady pussification of existing difficult trails that still have 20 years of life left in them?
That should be criminal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think that's a winch, plummet, plug if I'm not mistaken?

Or a winch, plummet, mount...... Dammit, now I'm confused too.

I believe there is room for artistic expression and personal preference, such as a donkey with block and tackle instead of a winch.