Quantcast

Top notch CS from Juan @ Gamut

Starbury

Chimp
Apr 29, 2006
My P40 bashie cracked at three of the mount holes and eventually failed
(after reading this older thread guess I'm not the only one!)

Emailed Gamut to see if they had anything to say

Got a reply same day and two replacements came in the mail a week later!

Props to Juan for the quick reply and for getting me back on the trails! :thumb:

Attachments

Starbury

Chimp
Apr 29, 2006
FWIW this is what Juan recommends re. installation:

'what you can do to help support the bash better is install the CR bolts backward (but side through the front) what this does is the barrel of the nut supports the counter bore more evenly dissipating the impact. If you find the CR bolts with 6mm hex and 5 mm hex those are the best to use as they are no a pain to install backwards rather than the 5mm and slot barrel nuts.'

Thoughts?

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
to continue the Gamut love-in

Mateo actually called me at home on a Saturday to make sure some things were taken care of, and I live in Canada. I was a loyal supporter before, this just made it better.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
to continue the Gamut love-in

Mateo actually called me at home on a Saturday to make sure some things were taken care of, and I live in Canada. I was a loyal supporter before, this just made it better.
hahaha that reminds me of a call I got from Jay @ Banshee a little while back when he was trying to get me some spares through Trident -
"Man I dunno what's goin on, I've been calling him all morning, he won't answer the phone, not on MSN, not replying to emails... is it a holiday or something up there in Canada?"
"No... but it is a Saturday."
"What? No way... you serious?"
"Yeah man!"
"What the hell... what happened to Friday?! I gotta go double check this!"
[leaves phone for a few seconds]
"What the hell man, it actually is Saturday! Well that would explain why he's not answering!"

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Bumping this up after talking to Juan today.

I needed some parts for the roller on my P30, and he's getting me dialed. I loaned my bike to a friend for a bit and he lost the jam nut on the back and decided to just tighten the roller without noticing it didn't turn any more. Chain still rolled smoothly, but wore a groove in the roller. I only needed the jam nut really, but he's sending me the entire assembly for cheap. Major props!