Quantcast

Top Ten Heroes:

I would like to add L.F. Eason III, of North Carolina, who instructed his staff at the North Carolina state Standards Laboratory to ignore a directive to lower department flags to half-mast in honor of the despicable Jesse Helms. Mr. Eason was forced to retire as a result.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
1. Chuck Norris
2. Chuck Norris
3. Chuck Norris
4. Chuck Norris
5. Chuck Norris
6. Chuck Norris
7. Chuck Norris
8. Chuck Norris
9. Chuck Norris
10. Beef jerkey

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't really have any heroes, but there are people who I admire for different reasons.

Currently towards the top of the list is "The Coach", John Wooden.

Many know of Wooden's prowess as a basketball coach, but if you ever listen to one of his players speak about them they almost always say that the greatest lessons he taught them were not about basketball.

I happen to have seen him speak a few weeks ago and while many things he said stuck with me, one thing in particular hit home... He always says that his own father is his personal hero, as many people say about him. So when asked what the greatest gift a father can give his children, he responded, "To love their mother."

If you ever have a chance, go listen to him speak, or read his words.

TrailMonkey

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
Heroes?
As long as you don't mention any "Super Heroes".
You know the type--the mountain bikers that ride around in colorful spandex.
Now that is Funny.
All joking a side you have to give it up to our boys in Iraq.

TrailMonkey

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
I debated, but I'm going in...

TrailMonkey, what do we have to "give up" to "our boys" in Iraq?
Respect is what we have to give up.
For the most part they are fighting for a cause with a gun in there hand. Something that a lot of us would not want to do.
Right or wrong, good or bad we should respect that.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Respect is what we have to give up.
For the most part they are fighting for a cause with a gun in there hand. Something that a lot of us would not want to do.
So sucking a dude's c*ck because he has a gun to your head and tells you to is respectable now? A hero?
IMO, "respectable" is something like "I regret that I only have one life to give for my country."
Respectable is fighting/dying for a cause you actually believe in. I know it sucks for the troops and I feel bad for them in some ways, and think they're due any and all support they require, but respecting what they're doing isn't something I "have" to do. They did volunteer after all, and they are getting paid.

TrailMonkey

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
I'll repeat myself.
Granted they don't want to be over there and I sure the hell wouldn't be over there myself.
And I doubt I would suck a C*** if I had a gun to my head.
But if I had to pin a tag on a "hero" I wouldn't put it on a over paid cry baby celebrity and sports figure.
So if you can think of someone better please speak up?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I'll repeat myself.
Granted they don't want to be over there and I sure the hell wouldn't be over there myself.
And I doubt I would suck a C*** if I had a gun to my head.
But if I had to pin a tag on a "hero" I wouldn't put it on a over paid cry baby celebrity and sports figure.
So if you can think of someone better please speak up?
:rofl:
Im just trolling ya man. Relax.