Quantcast

Topgear

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
Topgear was on last night and it was very funny, now I'm not to sure if was shown in the states yet and if not i would like to say its a bit anti-American.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
hahaha, u figured out by yourself that clarkson and co. aren't really team america?...man i can't wait to download yesterdays episode.

on another subject more or less realted: does anyone know if the hennessey viper has been tested up to the claimed 255mph? i would love to see that one against the veyron...is it that the hennessey engine will only last a couple of rounds, or have they really outdone themselves over the engineers at vw/bugatti?

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
"They went on a roadtrip from Miami to New Orleans.

They rode into a town in Alabama for gas (with painted slogans on their cars-- like "Hillary for President", "NASCAR Sucks" and "Country and Western Sucks.") and the owner of the gas station got mad. She called "the boys" and they came in southern style: barebacked in the back of a pickup truck and pelted them with rocks etc. (No lie)

She was yelling and asking whether or not they had come "looking for some hick town" to see if they could get beat up. Then she proceeded to arrange for them to be.

Oh yeah...she also asked if they were gay.

They were so scared that after they peeled out, they stopped on the highway to wash off the slogans with Coca Cola--anything they could find (because they thought the hicks in the trucks were following them)."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I suppose to get even we could joke about their teeth.

You could always fly over there and drive around a car that has 'the queen licks bollocks' and depending on the region insert the local football club name followed by sucks.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I think the rural south is probably one of the safer places in the nation if you were to actually look at the stats. I mean, this was obviously staged, but even if it werent, you'd get a much worse reaction if you drove through Harlem with a car painted "Oprah Winfrey is a fat whore" or through South Central LA with any number of racial slurs.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
As long as you are white, or even black. Have a car full of Pakistanis try that and they will probably never be seen again.
I disagree completely. I still say it'd be worse for whoever went to an Urban area looking for trouble. Rural whites are ignorant, but they're also big pvssies. You just dont see that kind of crime down here very often. If you do its in Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans...not rural areas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I disagree completely. I still say it'd be worse for whoever went to an Urban area looking for trouble. Rural whites are ignorant, but they're also big pvssies. You just dont see that kind of crime down here very often. If you do its in Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans...not rural areas.
If they really wanted to display ignorance they should have driven through Washington DC.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
drive around a car that has 'the queen licks bollocks' and depending on the region insert the local football club name followed by sucks.

The first one wouldn't bother me at all hell she could come and lick mine,

but the second one would get you killed in certain cities

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
The first one wouldn't bother me at all hell she could come and lick mine,

but the second one would get you killed in certain cities
I'm very much with you on the first one, i reckon you'd be very hard pushed to find anyone that would get upset about a comment about ol' Queenie

You'd also need to be trying seriously hard with a football comment.

Maybe we're just not as tightly wound?