Quantcast

toronto bike show 4x

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just received word that Brian Lopes will be racing the 4x at the toronto bike show. The transcend team went last year, the course was under 20 secs.

This should be uh, interesting. No one will stand a chance, as lopes will snap them. Also, 7k cash up for grabs, so I am sure he will be pushing and not coasting.

Aug 11, 2003
That is awesome. I just got my confirmation email saying that my reg was accepted. I am in the amateur class. Man am I going to look slow...!!!

Simon

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well, the change this year is that it is also a sanctioned BMX race so their will have to be 4 lanes. Also, I've heard rumors of a big name sponsor picking up the event so there should be plenty of dirt, unlike previous years.

This'll be my first 4X and first bike show race so I'm just excited to get back on my Rail after 3 months of down-time.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Fury said:
Well, the change this year is that it is also a sanctioned BMX race so their will have to be 4 lanes. Also, I've heard rumors of a big name sponsor picking up the event so there should be plenty of dirt, unlike previous years.

This'll be my first 4X and first bike show race so I'm just excited to get back on my Rail after 3 months of down-time.
I am not sure if dirt was the huge problem, altho Pete would know better. From dealing with the bike show folks for other things, it sounds like they are mega stingy on space to be given to it. Hard to build a nice big roll in and huge jumps without the realestate.

For what they had to work with, they did a decent job, altho the course was WAY to narrow, I agree there. I am glad they abandoned the 4x idea last year, or many woudl have suffered more then just my dislocated finger!

Aug 11, 2003
Transcend said:
I am glad they abandoned the 4x idea last year, or many woudl have suffered more then just my dislocated finger!
I remember seeing that last year...OUCH!! We had fun in practise trying to make it through the course with 3 guys. We had some serious handlebar overlap. I even grabbed someone else's bar...(totally by mistake of course :sneaky: ) Too bad I suck at jumping...

Simon

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
fatguysmiling said:
I remember seeing that last year...OUCH!! We had fun in practise trying to make it through the course with 3 guys. We had some serious handlebar overlap. I even grabbed someone else's bar...(totally by mistake of course :sneaky: ) Too bad I suck at jumping...

Simon
Ya it was no fun, altho the hospital guys were quick, and got me back in time for qualifying.

We tried it 4 wide one run, mayhem over the first doubles.

And because i am in a weird mood: my finger.