Quantcast

Tour of California Pictures

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I went to the Category 1 climb, Sierra Road in San Jose. Here are some of the pics:

Here is the beginning of Sierra Road:

Nice View:

Steep?:

Mike Creed was the last rider to survive from the big breakway:

Coincidentally, he is my favorite domestic rider (www.mikecreed.com):

Here is the peleton, only about 30 seconds back:

Close-up of Floyd Landis and Tom Danielson, who crested Sierra first:

Here is Gilberto Simoni, who was in the second group over Sierra:

Do You Know The Way To San Jose?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Thanks for the pics! I wish I could be there. If they do it again, I'll go down fo sure!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
thanks for the pics.

Sierra/Felter Rd. and Calaveras is my back yard. I live at the base of Calaveras and climb up to Felter/Siera on my CX bike when I can't hit trails (due to crappy weather). it's a nice climb and fast descent.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
MtnbikeMike said:
Dude....sweet! How fast were they going?
It is hard to tell, because I stood on the steepest section I could find, and they came by at a moderate pace, maybe 13-15mph.

I ran with them for about 50 feet.

There were a lot of spectator on bikes who rode past me. Most were struggling badly, a few seemed like it was effortless. But even the ones that made it seem easy, hadn't ridden the 2 of the hardest training loops in the East Bay, Three Bears and Calveras Road.

Of course, these guys hammered at 36 mph on the flats leading up to Sierra Road to catch the breakaway...

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Those were some awesome pictures. I went to the starting line at Cannery Row this morning. I wish I had more time to go out on the course. They have the 130 mile leg today.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Stage 1 finished 5 blocks from my house. Pretty cool to see the last 3 laps downtown. The peloton was tight, no lead group. A 36mph chase.

All my pics sucked though, I missed the finish.

:rolleyes:

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
ghostrider said:
Put down the crack pipe and go watch the race on Saturday instead of tomorrow.

You misunderstand, son.....the plan is to head up to the Cold Springs tavern for lunch and watch 'em race over Marcos Pass friday, then on saturday after watching the race in Ojai, haul ass to T-Oaks for the finish and expo. Are you still volunteering and where?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
T-Dog said:
You misunderstand, son.....the plan is to head up to the Cold Springs tavern for lunch and watch 'em race over Marcos Pass friday, then on saturday after watching the race in Ojai, haul ass to T-Oaks for the finish and expo. Are you still volunteering and where?
Cool. I predict you pass out at Cold Springs before the race arrives. Check yer email regarding TO on Saturday.