Quantcast

TR250 sneak preview on Pinkbike

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Wonder if next years TR450 will have the adjustable chainstay length as well...
..and adjustable travel as well. If so, I hope the parts can be retrofitted onto the current 450's for a reasonable price. I'd love to have even more adjustability on mine.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
..and adjustable travel as well. If so, I hope the parts can be retrofitted onto the current 450's for a reasonable price. I'd love to have even more adjustability on mine.
I think the chainstay length adjustment would require a whole swingarm although the travel adjust might just be a little chip or linkage. Not sure how much I'd adjust the travel on my TR450 really. It seems pretty good how it is.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I think the chainstay length adjustment would require a whole swingarm although the travel adjust might just be a little chip or linkage. Not sure how much I'd adjust the travel on my TR450 really. It seems pretty good how it is.
Yep, that one would probably be a fairly expensive upgrade, unfortunately. As far as amount of adjustment, you're probably underestimating my obsession with knob-turning and such.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Anyone know what the rear spacing is? That one is on the list if its 135mm.

Great looking bike, just like its sibling.
Since it's got Iodine wheels on it I'm thinking it's got to be 135.

Edit: sniped.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
.7 pounds lighter? So that like roughly a 9.2lb 6-7inch travel frame WITHOUT shock?! (source: sicklines, http://www.sicklines.com/projects/project-transition-tr450/). Kinda weaksauce IMO for a frame that's not really that cheap.
Well depending how you want to use it. It will be a great bike for ppl with season passes and a lot of time on their hands. If you do over a month in bikeparks a sturdier frame is wellcome. Especialy in the more rocky ones.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Norbar is right. This is a bikepark bike, not a long-travel AM bike for riding XC trails.

Well depending how you want to use it. It will be a great bike for ppl with season passes and a lot of time on their hands. If you do over a month in bikeparks a sturdier frame is wellcome. Especialy in the more rocky ones.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
To piggyback on Norbar.. It's the same reason the Supreme (formally Supreme Mini-DH) and the Meta 6 although seemingly very similar bikes are in the same product line for Commencal. Transition was probably thinking the same thing as they have the new blindside which is the "big" AM bike alongside the TR250(assuming it comes out).. they're both 160/180mm bikes..

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I was feeling sort of meh about replacing my Bottlerocket with the new Blindside, but then Transition goes and, uh, blindsides me with this. Thank you. Thank you, TBC.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
I'm also struggling to see the point. If you've got a season pass and you're gonna ride a bike park, why not just get a full DH bike? Especially at that weight?

If you said it was a Sea Otter bike, than that might make more sense...

No doubt it will be fun to rip around on though. But only way I can see this is if it was a third bike, after the DH bike and the AM/XC bike...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
No doubt it will be fun to rip around on though. But only way I can see this is if it was a third bike, after the DH bike and the AM/XC bike...
That's what it would be for me. I'd build it light enough I could still pedal it some, but it would be mostly for going down.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I'm also struggling to see the point. If you've got a season pass and you're gonna ride a bike park, why not just get a full DH bike? Especially at that weight?

Not everyone "needs" or wants a full DH bike for Bike Park riding. Some people just want to have fun ;) (as you stated)..

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Not all parks are full on dh, not everybody likes the bit more dead ride of the dh bike. Versatility is key. Im pretty sure I need to put a bit more effort into riding some trails designed with 160mm rigs in mind. Hell even some dh tracks in parks are made in a way a 160rig would be faster

btw. I think we own the same bike. Havent you tried to ride slope tracks, 4x tracks and bermed tracks build by crews that are more slope oriented?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Not everyone "needs" or wants a full DH bike for Bike Park riding. Some people just want to have fun ;) (as you stated)..
Back when I had my Bottle Rocket, I rode parks on it all the time and hand a blast. This looks like it should be the same sort of fun, only moar better.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Points taken.

But it's kinda like buying a Camaro with a V6.
I disagree. Will it be as fast on full on DH tracks as a TR450, say? Probably not. Is going fast the only thing that's fun? Nope. My BR was awesome because, while it's definatly slower than a DH bike, it popped off everything and was generally a blast to ride. It just takes a different mindset. Rather than trying to go plaid down everything you're cruising around boosting stuff and riding stuff more like it's a jump line than a race course.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Like what Transition is doing right now. One of the few bike companies that has a really complete and diversified line up. Plus, like Yeti or Intense, they have a killer overall look, you know when you look at the whole bike and everything just looks dialed. Not many companies manage to do so. Most of them always put some stupid stuff, like a big ol saddle with a weird angle coupled to an 11-34 cassette on a 4x bike for example...