Quantcast

Trail Maint. equipment.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Wow, that's impressive. I'm curious about your soil type and conditions. We have some outcrops on our DH runs that look like your "before" but the soil is really sandy. I'm not sure a fix like that would work for us but it looks great. Do people bitch at you when you fix things? (changing the trail for repair/sustainability)

~geargrrl

splat said:
Tuesday Night is trail Maintance Night !

We do trail Work every tuesday Night.

some of our work ( from a couple weekes ago )

From this :

Me :d working

to this !! Butter smooth tranny

also this weekend I'm taking IMBA trail school

J

JRB

Nice stuff, splat.

People bitch when something is sanitized. Unfortunately - repairing, more often than not, means sanitizing.

splat

Nam I am
loco said:
Nice stuff, splat.

People bitch when something is sanitized. Unfortunately - repairing, more often than not, means sanitizing.
hard to call it sanitiizing , when it is a brand new trail ior in this case finishing trail we started last year , and traying to make them Maintanable but still have the fun factor and in doing so, we are adding technical trail features. :) so we are trying to make it win win.

and also rember they are never too young to swing a Pick

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
geargrrl said:
Wow, that's impressive. I'm curious about your soil type and conditions. We have some outcrops on our DH runs that look like your "before" but the soil is really sandy. I'm not sure a fix like that would work for us but it looks great. Do people bitch at you when you fix things? (changing the trail for repair/sustainability)

~geargrrl
Our soil type includes 80% rocks 10% roots and 10% soil. :mumble:

We have to work really hard to find good soil and rely on the use of wheelbarrows to transport the soil to where it is going. Have to hack of the duff, and then find limited dirt after weeding out the roots and rocks. The stuff we do find is generally of high quality, there's just not enough of it around. Being Massachussets, the transitions have a base layer of granite and then the gaps and top layers are completed with the high quality soil.

Also, we aren't actually sanitizing this particular trail, but actually layed it out last year and built it from scratch. The transitions are features we are adding to the trail for flow, and everyone that is riding the trail has had nothing but good things to say.

Linky The first set of pictures from this link will give you an idea of the soil conditions we have.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
berkshire_rider said:
Our soil type includes 80% rocks 10% roots and 10% soil. :mumble:

We have to work really hard to find good soil and rely on the use of wheelbarrows to transport the soil to where it is going. Have to hack of the duff, and then find limited dirt after weeding out the roots and rocks. The stuff we do find is generally of high quality, there's just not enough of it around. Being Massachussets, the transitions have a base layer of granite and then the gaps and top layers are completed with the high quality soil.

Also, we aren't actually sanitizing this particular trail, but actually layed it out last year and built it from scratch. The transitions are features we are adding to the trail for flow, and everyone that is riding the trail has had nothing but good things to say.

Linky The first set of pictures from this link will give you an idea of the soil conditions we have.
Awesome!
Great pics!! I need to pick up that IMBA book.

Doesn't splat look like bikerfox sometimes?