Quantcast

Trail Recommendations at Platty

jimbones

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
I need some suggestions for trails at Plattekill. I am an experienced rider but I don't do too many drops (only small ones) I would classify myself as intermediate. Could anyone recommend trails to do (or stay away from?) Thanks.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Plattekill is nearly impossible to describe unless you've been there. Very few of the trails are marked, and those that are are marked poorly.

There's two sides to the mountain, the double and the triple sides. They're both steep and both have tons of trails. I'd say if you stay to either far side of the mountain, you'll do better as a beginner. way to the rider's right is some stuff that's relatively shallow and fast. Way to the left on the triple side is a nice long run with several rock jumps that is fun for beginners or pros. just follow it to the bottom and you can link some very decents trails.

Just about anything in the middle will be pretty steep and technical. Most of the drops have go-arounds but expect to walk some stuff if you're not up for a lot of drops.

If you can, ask another rider to show you a moderate or easy trail. They do exist, they just aren't easy to find. Good luck.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Very well described.

Occasionally there is an actual Pkill guide who can also show you a couple trails.