Quantcast

Trail / Riding Common Sense

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
My point exactly, that path should be left open, and as far as going around them - why cant DownCycles example of bikes in the middle of the trail be gone around? I mean compare apples to apples - If your in the way, your in the way, its that simple.:confused:
Thanks for bringing my point back in some form of reasonable clarity. I think many people may have misinterpreted what I meant by being "in the way". I'm not referring to people stopping in sections or spots where they can be ridden around; I'm actually totally ok with that. What I don't like seeing is people standing (or their bikes being left) in the middle of a section that if you don't ride the trail and have to "go around" them would result in a bad crash on your part or a potentially dangerous impact between you and them. I mean narrow singletrack sections or blind spots where riders tend to be moving fast, and in either case where the "side" of the trail is dangerous or unrideable.

I don't think I'm really being unreasonable in that regard, I'm not whining, just stating what should be the VERY obvious. As for spots like the top of Alpine (or anywhere really), when you stop you should always afford any uphill riders the courtesy of easy passage by you.

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
On saturday i was sitting down by were lower dominion and greenhorn have that open trail so that you can switch over, and i was over by greenhorn coming in hard at lower dominion (after waiting for my turn) and then out of no were some kid sitting on the side of the trail decides to just cruise in and mess up my run.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
another example, me and jp do reality show and there are a bunch of bike are laying in front of the landing of the little kicker and another guy stopped on top of the box! no one was hurt they weren't blocking it for a reason. and then he gets off it and hikes up Dominion! no one saw him he almost got hit like twice!

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
i swear, i was gonna cap that sun' bich but my homies were trippin', man i hate riders who sit in the middle of the traill... nawww mean... think im gon' be bringing a 9mm on my runs so if a bich get my way.... CAP MOFO!