Quantcast

Trail Update: NEW 'Tempest' trail at Diablo

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey

The Diablo Trail Crew has been hard at work this past week revamping some existing trails and working on a new line called "Tempest".

"Tempest" will be a semi-groomed freeride inspired trail with a few tables, some intermediate level drops and tons of flow. The trail is located near the Domination race courses and if we like the final flow of this trail it may very well be used in one of the races. While not complete yet, 'Tempest' is shaping up and here are a few quick photos with more on the way in the near future....

Diablo Trail Crew - Jacek Gryzbeckistan

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow - you guys aren't fu@king around...

So you're lining the sides of table jumps with big rocks and boulders?

Jesus...

Now that's how a MAN builds a tabletop.:biggrin:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
What?!

I don't know if that would make sense - Shawn would have to hire a small army of ancient Egyptian or Mayan slaves to move that many boulders...

My guess is that it would be too time consuming - even with the use of a Bobcat. I think the rocks are placed on the sides to stop dirt erosion from the rains...?

I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Thanks.. The jumps are all dirt, the rocks are used to hold the shape of the jump until everything sets up and we plant grass. This is the same method we've used on Lower Dominion, etc.

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
holy crap man the pics just get better evry time. looks like that might end up being the new alpine in popularity. keep the pics comin

cdrz11

Chimp
Mar 17, 2007
don't get me wrong that trail is sick!!!! but are there any more new ones or just tempest?

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
this trail almost reminds me of a 4x track except for only one bike could fit at a time. that would be sick though like the so called 4x at platty. oh and by the way whats the name of the song on the video