Quantcast

Trails at risk of being closed...

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
A little background info. Our trail system was built with city knowledge, and now we are running into some pains in keeping them open. It is in Ohio, on 250 ft. of vert, not a lot, but the place is a blast.

Here is a vid of the put together by my friend Particle of Horns Hill Fest showing most of what we have built. 4 trails, each about a min to a min and a half of dh/fr stuff.

Ohio Freeride Fest on Vimeo

The main issue at hand:

It was once believed that any of us who were members of OMBA or one of it's chapters was covered with liability insurance pertaining to our trail building. OMBA is not carrying such insurance this year and secondly, the insurance that we had will no longer cover trail building or maintenance.

Basically we need some type of coverage for builders so we can maintain the trails. Any ideas?

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
Sorry I can't offer advice on the insurance.

But I gotta say !!WOW!!! You guys did a helluva job for only 250 of vert. Beautifully designed trail. It would be a shame to lose it.

I don't understand why cities can't just get this kind of stuff covered under the same stuff that covers skate parks, etc.

Good luck with your efforts to keep it open. Hopefully someone can offer some good advice.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
Sorry I can't offer advice on the insurance.

But I gotta say !!WOW!!! You guys did a helluva job for only 250 of vert. Beautifully designed trail. It would be a shame to lose it.

I don't understand why cities can't just get this kind of stuff covered under the same stuff that covers skate parks, etc.

Good luck with your efforts to keep it open. Hopefully someone can offer some good advice.

seriously great work there. really hope you get to keep those trails!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Those are some nice trails!

Who owns the land? City? COunty? State? Private?

If it's public land, it seems like the whatever public agency might have some insurance you could pay in to. Look at city skate parks for example. If it's private, you might be in for shelling out some $$$ Maybe have signage posted along the lines or ride at your own risk, or maybe have everyone sign waivers?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Damn, I want to buy Rufus's frame, build it up and come out there.

dhrookie

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
Obetz, OH
Trails are in Newark, OH. About 45mins east of Columbus. The park is city owned(Newark) and was a pickle park before we got in there. Now it has mountain biking, Frisbee golf, and R.C. races. Trails system is fairly new and has helped grow our sport. Bump for anymore suggestions.

Cheers, Todd

Last edited: