Quantcast

Trails in and around Spartanburg, SC

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So there is a possibility that Spartanburg, SC will be in my future. My office would be right on Main street. Is anyone familiar with where/how many/describe the local trail scene?

I know about all the goods within an hour or so, but if I do have to move there it might be nice to find a place within riding distance of a trail(s).

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Spartanburg, really? That sux mang, wrong direction. Well you will be closer to the Asheville crew. Wanna ride this weekend? Lemme know.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Spartanburg, really? That sux mang, wrong direction. Well you will be closer to the Asheville crew.
Lots of stuff up in the air at the moment, but it is a possibility I need to start looking into.

Wanna ride this weekend? Lemme know.
Yes I do, but it is looking like I may need to make a trip to Spartanburg Saturday morning for work. Any plans for Sunday?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Not sure about Sunday yet, my wife & kid will be out of town for a couple weeks leaving Saturday morning so there is a good chance I would be down for a Sunday ride, so let me know what you can do and we can try to set something up.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
South Side Park is really the only trails in Sparkle City. They are fun to ride once and a while. They will give you a work out though. Lots of up and downs. The longest downhill is about 2 football fields long. Jeremy R works downtown. He likes to ride at Paris Mt. here in Greenville over South Side Park during the week. Weekends are time for the mountains!!!!

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
South Side Park is really the only trails in Sparkle City. They are fun to ride once and a while. They will give you a work out though. Lots of up and downs. The longest downhill is about 2 football fields long. Jeremy R works downtown. He likes to ride at Paris Mt. here in Greenville over South Side Park during the week. Weekends are time for the mountains!!!!
Jeremy works in downtown Spartanburg? Seems as if it would take me a while to get to Paris from downtown Spartanburg.

I just want to know what the options are for mid week riding

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Jeremy works in downtown Spartanburg? Seems as if it would take me a while to get to Paris from downtown Spartanburg.

I just want to know what the options are for mid week riding
Yep, I can see Daniel Morgan statue right out my window.:twitch:
Southside Park is a trail network 10 minutes from downtown with about a 15 mile singletrack loop with options to make it shorter. Its constant up and down bumpy rooty singletrack. I get more tired there than I do climbing in the mountains, but it is fun.
Paris is a good 45 minutes away at least, so that is not really a good option.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
so that means I have to drive all the way down there to watch UFC? who's going to babysit my new girl when she arrives in November? who will Taryn eat ribs with?

so many questions................so few answers...........:disgust:

Jun 11, 2004
Invite me and Ill pay, I can't find anyone in clemson to split the fights with me.
If you don't mind driving to Greenville? If so.....consider yourself invited!!

By the way.......how did your collarbone heal up? Are you back on the bike?

Since we already hijacked Rob's thread we might as well get an injury update!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I will be glad to get the next big fight at the house so everyone can watch it on the Big Screen. We could also go dirt jumping right down the street that day before the fight. Just a thought.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I will be glad to get the next big fight at the house so everyone can watch it on the Big Screen. We could also go dirt jumping right down the street that day before the fight. Just a thought.

61" of non hidef, 4:3 2001 Toshiba technology.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
If you don't mind driving to Greenville? If so.....consider yourself invited!!

By the way.......how did your collarbone heal up? Are you back on the bike?

Since we already hijacked Rob's thread we might as well get an injury update!
Yea, Im all healed up. I rode Diablo at the US Open, and Ill be at snowshoe in two weeks.

Tryin to save up for a Morewood right now, cause they are giving me a collegiate sponsorship and discount. Still considering a BottleRocket though, but I dont think it would make for a very good DH race Rig.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Who's got the green Bottle Rocket on a roof rack in and around Spartanburg? I was there today for work and noticed it cruising down one of the main streets.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Who's got the green Bottle Rocket on a roof rack in and around Spartanburg? I was there today for work and noticed it cruising down one of the main streets.
I have seen a couple of Transitions out on the trails around here.
I ran into them on the trail one day, and they were just trailriding on them. I think it was some other model though, and not a Bottlerocket.

Jun 11, 2004
So when are you moving?

I can see it now......weekday daylight savings rides.......just like the OLD DAYS back in Ft. Liquordale! :clapping:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So when are you moving?

I can see it now......weekday daylight savings rides.......just like the OLD DAYS back in Ft. Liquordale! :clapping:

Not any time "soon" but it looks like at a minimum I will be spending some time down there. Some additional cool news, it looks like one of the other guys that we are hiring (and relocating) is a rider as well. We took a peak at the trails at Croft State Park just to gauge how far they were from the office and what not.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Rob you were all over yesterday... unless you sold your car with that ghetto heatshield to someone else. I was about to scratch a message in your hood with a rock but decided against that.
Yep Spartanburg and back by 3pm yesterday, then off to ride.

I had noticed your fine piece of American machinery at the trail head. Nothing like a station wagon that you can't put anything in the back of :shocked:

Don't be jealous of my heat shield!

How did you like SB? That place is 8 minutes from my house, let me know when you head out this way next time.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So Spartanburg is a SMALL town. Today my boss and I are walking the 2 blocks of the square and I thought I heard someone say my name, but didnt pay much attention (since I do not know anyone in S-burg). Then again... I turn around and there is Jeremy-R getting ready to eat lunch at the same place we were thinking.

Alright.. Fire up the list of other places to go for good eats. That place was pretty good.

Jun 11, 2004
Alright.. Fire up the list of other places to go for good eats. That place was pretty good.
I heard they serve fine cuisine in the great city of Vernon, NJ. Come get some...........:lighten:

I'll be dining there for the next week or so.........oh yeah I told Andy you were coming so your are expected......no backing out now! :biggrin:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I heard they serve fine cuisine in the great city of Vernon, NJ. Come get some...........:lighten:

I'll be dining there for the next week or so.........oh yeah I told Andy you were coming so your are expected......no backing out now! :biggrin:
Unfortunately it is not looking likely. :plthumbsdown:

I suck

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So Spartanburg is a SMALL town. Today my boss and I are walking the 2 blocks of the square and I thought I heard someone say my name, but didnt pay much attention (since I do not know anyone in S-burg). Then again... I turn around and there is Jeremy-R getting ready to eat lunch at the same place we were thinking.

and if I know Jeremy's routine like I think, this would have occured at about 2pm. Can't believe he didn't take you for Thai.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Ha, I tried to send him there, but the "suits" weren't into it.
I guess farting Thai all the way back to Charlotte is frowned upon in some circles.

Nah we ate Sushi the day before for lunch, and my Boss had plans for chinese for dinner. Oh ya, not to mention the 2, 20 something chics sitting in the sandwich shop sealed the deal.

It was a good sammich :cheers: