Quantcast

Trails near Richmond ?

MadMtnMikey

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Virginia
Anybody know of any ? Or some that may be within an hour or so ? I'm a newb, so I'm not ready for anything aggresive, but some easy offroad trails would be fun.

Thanks

MadMtnMikey

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Virginia
excellent, Thank you.... I forgot about Pocahontas.. Pony Pasture near Heugonot is practlically in my backyard, I go there often, but the trails are very short when you're on a bike.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
excellent, Thank you.... I forgot about Pocahontas.. Pony Pasture near Heugonot is practlically in my backyard, I go there often, but the trails are very short when you're on a bike.
If you ride over on Riverside to the Nickel Bridge there is a 14 mile loop downtown to ride. It's all dirt except for the bridges and 5 blocks through a neighborhood.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=116165432348198027376.000442cb445888d6686d1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&z=14

Check here for more local info and folks to ride with...

http://www.cyclingcentralva.org/forums/

Last edited:

MadMtnMikey

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Virginia
awesome man, seriously, thanks... I appreciate the info.....

Oh yeah, if you're username implies you like to play Darts, check out Rock Falls Tavern on Forrest Hill, I just started going there, it's walking distance from my place and they have like 8 or so Dart boards. The 2nd hand smoke can be obnoxious at times though.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
How is Forrest Hill Park as far as clean and safe ? Some of the neighborhoods down there near Semmes look questionable.
I've never had issue riding there even alone. I just keep moving.

My last name is Dart. Ironically I suck at darts and am allergic to cig. smoke but I am familiar with the tavern.

MadMtnMikey

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Virginia
Cool.... Yeah, I'm a former smoker, it seems like it can bother me worse sometimes than people that never touched the things. But I do enjoy Darts and some good beer now and then, hehe.

But yeah, an older guy my fiance works with has a nice GT, I'm going to see if I can get him to hit that trail with me.

Pocahontas park looks fairly big, is there a decent number of trails going through there ?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Cool.... Yeah, I'm a former smoker, it seems like it can bother me worse sometimes than people that never touched the things. But I do enjoy Darts and some good beer now and then, hehe.

But yeah, an older guy my fiance works with has a nice GT, I'm going to see if I can get him to hit that trail with me.

Pocahontas park looks fairly big, is there a decent number of trails going through there ?
There is about 20 miles of sweet singletrack at Pocahontas now. The original 9 miles that opened in 1998 and the newest Lakeview trails that add an additional 11 or 12 miles.