Quantcast

Trainers?

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Does anyone here have a trainer? as in personal trainer....

Whats your like workout thing, do u see the person everyday, once a week, once a month?

Is its a Bicycling Trainer?

Im just wondering about it, Theres some multi sport Outdoor trainers around here advertising, and was wondering what you ussally do...

Thanks
:help:

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Well I am a Certified Personal Trainer but I dont specialize in Cycling specifically although I do have some knowledge specific to the sport.. PM me if you have any questions Yeti:D

skiba

Yah Mon
Sep 24, 2001
is going to a gym really worth it

(please disregard this post, i needed to have every new post on the mtn biking board :D )

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by skiba
is going to a gym really worth it

(please disregard this post, i needed to have every new post on the mtn biking board :D )
Thats OK sometimes I ask myself the same question:rolleyes: Kidding;)

skiba

Yah Mon
Sep 24, 2001
Originally posted by JOJO

Thats OK sometimes I ask myself the same question:rolleyes: Kidding;)
i always ask myself why am i doing this whenever i am trying to do a strenuous activity

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Yeti DHer
Does anyone here have a trainer? as in personal trainer....

Whats your like workout thing, do u see the person everyday, once a week, once a month?

Is its a Bicycling Trainer?

Im just wondering about it, Theres some multi sport Outdoor trainers around here advertising, and was wondering what you ussally do...

Thanks
:help:
I do NOT have a personal trainer, but I certainly could have used one when I started working out back in 1995.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My buddy trains me. He's a pro DH racer. He's not really certified perse, but he does know what he's doing. (I've watched him squat 15 reps with 5 plates...approx 500 lbs)

He's developed a pretty good "DH specific" regimen. Lots of plyometrics. Lots of stretching. Intevals. Power lifting.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
What's that, Tonto?

I do them (when I go to the gym...I haven't been since I hurt my arm), 3-4 times a week, but I only do HEAVY plyo like two times. And you aren't supposed to do more that 20 mins of plyo at a time. Assuming you last that long. I've never lasted more that about 12-15 mins.

But I do plyo right after I finish stretching. Then I go do weights.

Originally posted by Acadian

How often should one do plyometrics during the week? Do you do it with your weigh workout? I do you group your Cardio/Weight/Plyo in your week?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Ok. You should speak with Simon too.. He's answer your questions better than I would. And I think he owes you! ;)

Originally posted by Acadian

Call me on Monday at work...I wanna talk a little more about that. I just ordered a Plyo book, should be interresting!