Quantcast

training programs?? what do people do?

bURKeNSTiEN

Chimp
Nov 18, 2002
Aww-stray-lee-ah
Hey ppl

I'm trying to find any sort of MTB training program.

I've decided this season I wanna go FAST, so no more haphazard training schemes. I want to go on a proper training program.
I figure I'll do my season of XC with some road races thrown in for some spice & maybe a duathlon or two

I've been thinking about joining a Tri squad for quite a while now, but I'm thinking now that I want to focus on cycling, a cycling specific program would be better. Only problem is that I know of lots of tri programs.... but No MTB programs

Anyone have an actual group they train with? get an online program? what do you all do? (if anything)

cheers

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I actually have a coach this season so he gives me my training plan but I suggest getting Friel's book Mountain Biker's Training Bible. It is the best training book I've ever come across and you can learn a lot from it.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Heidi
I actually have a coach this season so he gives me my training plan but I suggest getting Friel's book Mountain Biker's Training Bible. It is the best training book I've ever come across and you can learn a lot from it.
Yes that book is the best but also get info from other books to i really like Ned Overends book because it gives awsome riding tips after reading it i was better the first time i rode after also it gives some great stuff for people like me who live in cold winters.

basically the idea of friels plan is to build base for about 3 months just doing weights and lots of long slow rides. Than for about 2 months you do less time but more intensity to build anerobic abilitys than you peak for racing but it's way more complicated just get the book. Aren't you the guy who asked this same ? at MTBR.com forums and i told you the samething?:monkey:

bURKeNSTiEN

Chimp
Nov 18, 2002
Aww-stray-lee-ah
Cool, thanks for replies. Have both Friels & Overend book already on order from amazon. should arrive soon

I think its found a local cycle coach, going to have a chat to him

And JMAC, I dont post on mtbr so wasnt me sorry

cheers:cool:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by bURKeNSTiEN
Cool, thanks for replies. Have both Friels & Overend book already on order from amazon. should arrive soon

I think its found a local cycle coach, going to have a chat to him

And JMAC, I dont post on mtbr so wasnt me sorry

cheers:cool:
Cool well it was someone from down uder.:cool:

bURKeNSTiEN

Chimp
Nov 18, 2002
Aww-stray-lee-ah
hey warwick,
whilst you're about, I'm trying to organise some sort of regular MTB riding in Melbourne with a group of people.

So far there's me...

I usually ride at Churchill/Lysterfield. I think you said you ride at kew?

Will you be going up to beechworth on may11 for the MTB goldrush? should be another great event from paul f

Thylacine

Monkey
May 9, 2002
Steve Irwins Bungalow
What's this thing at Beechworth? Racing or just a gathering? Man, I'm still recovering from the Singlespeed Nationals a month ago! That thing slayed me I gotta tell ya, I'm soooo not built for XC racing, but hey, I gave it a fair whack.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
well i've been really happy w/ my coach who is actually on this very site. i'm sure if you PM Capt. Burnout he could get something working for you. :D