Quantcast

transition blindside

mellow_sparky

Monkey
Aug 21, 2009
Washington State
The top section is the frame with shock only - looks to be about 1600 bucks. Then the next section is the fork option, so add another grand. Then at the bottom they have two part group options - you can click on them to see what's included - they run 13 hundred. so a complete bike would run around $3600.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dude what size are you looking at? If you are in the market ill sell you one used with the following parts kit for around your price point, the only reason im selling is that i am getting the TR450 when it comes out, i love the bike otherwise:

Black size small (rides like a med) im 5'9
Totem coil
fox dhx coil
x.0 shifter x.9 rear der
I9 rear hub
thompson post
wtb seat
saint calipers and levers
saint cranks
e.13 LG1

It's been ridden but has lots of good life left in it if you want it, i was a mechanic for years so ill make sure it is all tuned with new cables, trued wheels and ready to go for you. I was 14 once, sucks trying to buy dh bikes on min wage.

email me at william.kirk@gmail.com if you are interested.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
dude what size are you looking at? If you are in the market ill sell you one used with the following parts kit for around your price point, the only reason im selling is that i am getting the TR450 when it comes out, i love the bike otherwise:

Black size small (rides like a med) im 5'9
Totem coil
fox dhx coil
x.0 shifter x.9 rear der
I9 rear hub
thompson post
wtb seat
saint calipers and levers
saint cranks
e.13 LG1

It's been ridden but has lots of good life left in it if you want it, i was a mechanic for years so ill make sure it is all tuned with new cables, trued wheels and ready to go for you. I was 14 once, sucks trying to buy dh bikes on min wage.

email me at william.kirk@gmail.com if you are interested.

I'd go for that for sure. Good offer man.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah it is a good deal, im really looking for about $1800 for the bike but im sure you can come up with a couple hundo if you look hard enough, and i wont be selling for about a month...hopefully that would work out should you be interested.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
yo Trailrider, that bike is well taken care of, and kitted really well! I ride with Manhattan and he is smooth and kind to his equipment. Typically his stuff gets replaced long before it is used up. (as is the case with this bike)

I haven't had to buy beer in months from winning all the bets I make with him about how long it will be before he changes parts on one of his bikes. I always win!:D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
:panic:

yo Trailrider, that bike is well taken care of, and kitted really well! I ride with Manhattan and he is smooth and kind to his equipment. Typically his stuff gets replaced long before it is used up. (as is the case with this bike)

I haven't had to buy beer in months from winning all the bets I make with him about how long it will be before he changes parts on one of his bikes. I always win!:D

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
you missed us in Wistler by a few weeks or I could have brokered a deal for you to take it for a test ride. :D
Ha ha - that would have been fun. Da Peach rides a Blindside so I got to scope out his.

I'm really just kidding about buying this thing - but it IS a phenomenal deal. I love my Morewood too much. :D

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Ha ha - that would have been fun. Da Peach rides a Blindside so I got to scope out his.

I'm really just kidding about buying this thing - but it IS a phenomenal deal. I love my Morewood too much. :D
LOL... was that your first trip to Wistler? It was for me, and I am ready to move! :thumb: I tried to get dapeach to show up while we were there, but he was full of excuses! ;) would have been cool to meet some more monkeees!:thumb:

them there Morewoods is nice!

trailrider1

Monkey
Jun 2, 2009
im talking to my dad about it. pm me some pictures of it please. and would it be ok if i buy it in december if i get it? and wow! free handlebars!!!! i love you. in a totaly non-gay way.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
LOL... was that your first trip to Wistler? It was for me, and I am ready to move! :thumb: I tried to get dapeach to show up while we were there, but he was full of excuses! ;) would have been cool to meet some more monkeees!:thumb:

them there Morewoods is nice!
I had to wash my hair. :homer::homer:

MHPRJKT: You ride a small? I'd like to try one out. I'm 5-9 and ride a med. I like it, but maybe that's why I'm not full of steezy while in the air. Too beeg!

jsk14

Chimp
Jan 13, 2009
GVRD
Not trying to be a dick, but as a person who was 14 long time ago, and never got allowance. I would strongly recommend you not look at a fully at this stage of your bike purchasing.

Biking is expensive, and you need to pour money into it to keep it in good condition. Things break all the time on bikes.

It wasn't until last fall, i bought a NEW bike.

Stick with bmx, and hardtails for now. with 1400bux budget, you are purchasing things you will be forced to sell in few months.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Not trying to be a dick, but as a person who was 14 long time ago, and never got allowance. I would strongly recommend you not look at a fully at this stage of your bike purchasing.

Biking is expensive, and you need to pour money into it to keep it in good condition. Things break all the time on bikes.

It wasn't until last fall, i bought a NEW bike.

Stick with bmx, and hardtails for now. with 1400bux budget, you are purchasing things you will be forced to sell in few months.
If you are taking care of your stuff than even with the most basic job you will be able to replace it. You probably don't remember but most kids at 14 aren't to heavy so they don't trash their gear that much. When I was a kid my bike was trashed much less and I needed to replace parts less often. It all depends on how determined you are to keep the bike in good shape and look after it.

trailrider1

Monkey
Jun 2, 2009
belive me, im at the brink of going bmx till im 16 and get a job. im trying to to but it might turn out to that.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah dude the h-bars are in the classifieds and it wouldnt be a free set i would just put the new ones on the bike since i wont be running them. One other thing the fork will be completely rebuilt by the suspension experts in NC.

December might work out, my new frame drops around that timeframe, why dont you email me at william.kirk@gmail.com i hate pm's.

Dont have any pics right now because im traveling for work, but ill get you some when i get home.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
yeah dude the h-bars are in the classifieds and it wouldnt be a free set i would just put the new ones on the bike since i wont be running them. One other thing the fork will be completely rebuilt by the suspension experts in NC.

December might work out, my new frame drops around that timeframe, why dont you email me at william.kirk@gmail.com i hate pm's.

Dont have any pics right now because im traveling for work, but ill get you some when i get home.
http://www.porcmtbclub.org/phpBB3/ride-reports-f9/topic2718.html

you can see some pics of it here if you look closely you can see it... It is the black one. Since we had 4 of them on the trip with us you can tell our crew likes the Blindside's! they ride fantastic!

as far as being 14 goes... I have several students (in that age range) that I talk bikes with. Several of them ride BMX, but when I hit the local dj set with them to show them how to build, they all rode my transition dj rig and they are all buying 26" or 24" dj rigs... I showed them pics of the trip to Whistler and a couple North Shore vids and now they are selling their dirtbikes to buy DH rigs. It is addicting. I just wish I had the opertunities that kids do these days. Keep your nose clean and ride as much as you can! don't go poor buying a bike... you will work your whole life to pay for it and then not have any time to ride! Then again, buy as much as you can from a reputable source!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I had to wash my hair. :homer::homer:

MHPRJKT: You ride a small? I'd like to try one out. I'm 5-9 and ride a med. I like it, but maybe that's why I'm not full of steezy while in the air. Too beeg!
I figured as much!

that was a typo Mhprjktjafioenafkdiofujrk89 is actually 4'9"
fgt.

jsk14

Chimp
Jan 13, 2009
GVRD
If you are taking care of your stuff than even with the most basic job you will be able to replace it. You probably don't remember but most kids at 14 aren't to heavy so they don't trash their gear that much. When I was a kid my bike was trashed much less and I needed to replace parts less often. It all depends on how determined you are to keep the bike in good shape and look after it.
Things don't need to break to cost you money, and even if you do not go big, or are a light rider, things can go wrong.
You definitely need new brake pad/bleed/tire every season, that can rack up close to 200bux minimum every season, Not to mention, you fall on your derailleur, break your lever/shifter, etc. These things can't be prevented, its just part of mountain biking.

while you get a single speed bike, or bmx, only thing that can really fail are tubes, crank, rear hub. Much cheaper.

bmx for now, downhill later

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Things don't need to break to cost you money, and even if you do not go big, or are a light rider, things can go wrong.
You definitely need new brake pad/bleed/tire every season, that can rack up close to 200bux minimum every season, Not to mention, you fall on your derailleur, break your lever/shifter, etc. These things can't be prevented, its just part of mountain biking.

while you get a single speed bike, or bmx, only thing that can really fail are tubes, crank, rear hub. Much cheaper.

bmx for now, downhill later
2 brake pad sets + 1 tire set + bleed set (once in your life time - can be borrowed) gives you 200$? I though I was living in an expensive country. Look for deals and you can find tires at great prices (found hutch barracudas at 13$/piece last year) as for brake pads you can get them for around 12-13 a set. How the hell it went up to 200$? I go threw 3-4 sets of brake pads max and but 3-4 tires every season and I'm not sure if I reach the 200$ limit on that with buing maxxis ust which are quite hard to find on a closeout. The only thing I broke this season was a shifter which I repaired myself. I think some people have some strange misconception about bikes failing all the time. If they do there is something wrong either with the bike or you (no offence). I agree that dh can get expesive but on part upgrades, lifts and races not on regular wear and tear.

jsk14

Chimp
Jan 13, 2009
GVRD
I think some people have some strange misconception about bikes failing all the time. If they do there is something wrong either with the bike or you (no offence). I agree that dh can get expesive but on part upgrades, lifts and races not on regular wear and tear.
It's called seasons pass at whistler, it doesnt' matter what you have, things will start to break even with maintenance.

edit:

i own a transition bike, i know if when i bent my deraileur hanger, it cost me 25bux, little things gather up quickly, Also majority of the savings came from avoiding labor from the shop, and you'd know a 14 years old who's never owned a proper mountain bike will need an external help.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
why are we chasing this kid away from dh? seriously...bmx is great and a good thing to start on but if he wants to ride dh let him...

and this is regardless of my bike sale