Quantcast

transition blindside

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Unless you happen to be a mechanic, you're going to need some help with a bike. But trailrider, don't get too worried about it. The more time you spend keeping your bike in good shape, the less it will break.

As a side note, I don't know of too many bikes that are better taken care of than mhpr83's stuff. I've never seen anything on his bikes that was messed up or that wasn't chosen because it was the best. You're not going to find a better deal than that, I'd get it, but I'm a bit taller and want a large.

BMX is fun, and you should ride it too. But that's a hell of a deal on a sick bike.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
J - let me know if you want a TR450 i can get a pre-order going for you, December drop date...I think matt and I both will be on them

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Screw that! Get a full-on DH rig and a paper route to keep tires on it.
When I was 14, I was really into tournament paintball. Just as expensive as DH back then. I worked my tail off and spent every dime I earned on paint.

trailrider1

Monkey
Jun 2, 2009
you all have good points...
.... is the blindside ok for trailriding aswell? i just made a new friend and he is into trailriding.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
And what a Christmas it will be.

B, let me know when you're thinking about ordering. I want a bike, but a blindside is probably more my price range right now.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
wow. one of the big reasons that transition became successful in the beginning was that there products were affordable. This seems to go against that business model. But I guess they still have the blindside for the budget minded.
Considering that most of the frame prices went up it's still not really incredibely expensive. Just on par with Yetis "budget" frame ;)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wow. one of the big reasons that transition became successful in the beginning was that there products were affordable. This seems to go against that business model. But I guess they still have the blindside for the budget minded.
I agree i was pretty surprised when i heard that, but they are taking the frame design and technology to another level...It is a new world for the, so i guess that is just what it costs. Nice they are keeping the blindside for a more budget minded fr bike.

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
I know I'm digging up a yr old thread, but I just came across this one by accident while searching for something else, and had to comment. I actually ended up buying manhattanprjkt83's Blindside just a couple mos. ago...well, the frame and a few of the components he listed previously. He was a great seller, it was a great deal, and I'm loving the new bike even though my build isn't too fancy. Huge step up from my previous V2 Dirtbag. Glad none of the other monkeys in this thread didn't end up buying it lol. Thanks Will!

Last edited: