Quantcast

Transition Covert rear wheel hitting the seattube

Jun 20, 2007
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

My buddy just got a new Covert, and his rear tire is contacting the seattube, which is not good. His rear tire is a 2.35 (Nevegal, I think), which is not a giant tire.

Thoughts?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

My buddy just got a new Covert, and his rear tire is contacting the seattube, which is not good. His rear tire is a 2.35 (Nevegal, I think), which is not a giant tire.

Thoughts?
Its a known defect, see MTBR. I think they corrected it in later runs:rant:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Here is a newer one I got by searching. Just become a member. This has been a problem since the covert was first released. Guess they don't do extensive testing before selling their frames or were too cheap to bag a defective effort.

Depends on which shock/tire/etc combo I would imagine but its a well known issue in that forum.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=423233

Jun 20, 2007
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Hopefully my buddy can get this sorted out via warranty, since his bike is exactly 1 week old. I certainly consider this to be a factory defect. A f/s bike should be able to use its full travel without clearance issues.

Sep 6, 2007
Butchie Boy should be all set. If he make the setup changes to his bottom out reservoir as suggested he should be good; however Transition is aware that certain tires will rub(mainly just the paint) on the seat tube. They have made some changes to the frame and anyone with this problem can get one of he "new" designs. But be advised the geometry on the new one is slightly different.