Quantcast

transition dirt bag

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Oh my god, you can almost be funny. You should try that instead of being a prick from now on. Lighten up, you asked a question and got your answer.

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Oh my god, you can almost be funny. You should try that instead of being a prick from now on. Lighten up, you asked a question and got your answer.
Let you in on a little secret, most of it is kidding around, Mr. sensitive.
Now can we get bag to Transition bikes now? It's getting a little too much.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Let you in on a little secret, most of it is kidding around, Mr. sensitive.
Now can we get bag to Transition bikes now? It's getting a little too much.
The headtube won't rip off with a 40 on there, but the steering will be very slow and the bike will ride like a chopper. The Totem is overkill, but if you really need more travel, it's the max I would ride on there. I think the Blindside is still a good choice, I found it really fun and easy to jump on trails where a bike like the V10 just sticks to the ground. Though we've covered all this, so what else do you want to know?

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
The headtube won't rip off with a 40 on there, but the steering will be very slow and the bike will ride like a chopper. The Totem is overkill, but if you really need more travel, it's the max I would ride on there. I think the Blindside is still a good choice, I found it really fun and easy to jump on trails where a bike like the V10 just sticks to the ground. Though we've covered all this, so what else do you want to know?
Good info.

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
The more I research the BR the more it seems like the perfect park bike. anybody ride one at Diablo NJ? Curious.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
From the Transition Website:

FRAME FEATURES:
140mm (5.55") Rear Wheel Travel
Fox DHX 5.0 Coil 7.875" x 2.25" or DHX 5.0 Air 7.875" x 2.25"
6000 Series Heat Treated Aluminum
Sizes: Small (15"), Medium (15"), Large (15")
Current Production Run Colors: Gray Speckle, Red, Blue, Mint Green, Purple, Raw
Last Production Run Colors: Baby Blue, White, Raw
Decals: Decal kit with 3 sets of decals in White, Chrome, Yellow
Frame Weight: 7.95 lbs (without rear shock)
Complete Bike Weight Range: 36-40 lbs (Depending on Rear Shock and Fork)
1.5" headtube
Compatible with up to 8" dual crown forks
73mm bottom bracket spacing
Accepts up to 8" Rear Disc Brake Rotors
Fits up to 2.5" rear tire
1 year defect warranty, Lifetime crash replacement

Next time keep reading. Take a look at what they sell it with... Notice the tallest fork they sell it with is a 160.... Maybe there is a reason for that.

To answer some of your questions.

Yes, I have ridden one with 180 totem..... It was ****, lowered the fork to 160... awesome, still at that lever was a touch sluggish

Yes, I have ridden one with a DC 8 in fork....888 flat crown..... Worst turning ever. Between the sky hi BB, and the stupid slack from end, It was a waste of time to even set it up in the first place.

The BR is a park bike, its a great bike, but overforked its dangerous, and Yes, with how slacked out it becomed with the dc forks, I belive its going to spell broken headtubes. Not saying its going to shear them off at a moments notice, but its noticable that it is putting way too much stress on the front.

I am looking at what I have had sitting right in front of me.

I sitll say go for the Blindside if your looking for a DH bike, that or wait for the TR450 to come out.

Want a fun park bike, or Mini DH bike, the BR is a great way to go. Want a strong and fun FR bike, get a Dirtbag.

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Next time keep reading. Take a look at what they sell it with... Notice the tallest fork they sell it with is a 160.... Maybe there is a reason for that.

To answer some of your questions.

Yes, I have ridden one with 180 totem..... It was ****, lowered the fork to 160... awesome, still at that lever was a touch sluggish

Yes, I have ridden one with a DC 8 in fork....888 flat crown..... Worst turning ever. Between the sky hi BB, and the stupid slack from end, It was a waste of time to even set it up in the first place.

The BR is a park bike, its a great bike, but overforked its dangerous, and Yes, with how slacked out it becomed with the dc forks, I belive its going to spell broken headtubes. Not saying its going to shear them off at a moments notice, but its noticable that it is putting way too much stress on the front.

I am looking at what I have had sitting right in front of me.

I sitll say go for the Blindside if your looking for a DH bike, that or wait for the TR450 to come out.

Want a fun park bike, or Mini DH bike, the BR is a great way to go. Want a strong and fun FR bike, get a Dirtbag.
Gotcha. Hey man, all I was saying is they say it is compatible with 8" fork. End of story.

Good info and good to see someone actually has tried different setups and not the typical "I read it is no good" replies. Thanks:thumb: