Quantcast

Transition Double Build

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
So I'm building up a trans double or DJing with all deity. I just need a fork. I need atleast 120 and no more than 140. Im thinkin of the 08 Zoke 55 ATA 2 cause it has the travel adjust down to 120 then i can go back to 150 for trails and NE Style for those of you who know what that is. (For those who dont, its basically a short A-Line.) Plus its only around 480 USD. Any opinions? Id get a Fox Vanilla but its only 9mm and I need 10mm. Thanks, MC RMB.

55 ATA 2:

Double:

Mar 4, 2003
Somewhere in Alabama
I'd want something with a little less travel for a Double. I've ridden one with a Pike @ 95mm and it felt spot on. Plus, you can still run that fork at 140mm for the trails you're talkin about. If you're lookin for more travel than that, you might want to consider the Bottlerocket. They both jump well, but the Double is a purpose-built DJ bike and feels even more like a hardtail (with that extra squish for the "oh sh1t" moments)

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
Well I already have an rmx and the parents would ask, "why would you need that? youve already got a 3+ k bike that you said would be perfect" and id consider a pike, they just dont make a good empression on me. how bout a lyric? any other opinions on the 55?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
id consider a pike, they just dont make a good empression on me. how bout a lyric? any other opinions on the 55?
what about the Pike makes a bad "empression" on you? I think a Pike would be an excellent choice for a Double and what you described. Adjustable, strong, 20mm axle ... a great jumping and trail fork.

bigdonut

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
PHX
I'd want something with a little less travel for a Double. I've ridden one with a Pike @ 95mm and it felt spot on. Plus, you can still run that fork at 140mm for the trails you're talkin about. If you're lookin for more travel than that, you might want to consider the Bottlerocket. They both jump well, but the Double is a purpose-built DJ bike and feels even more like a hardtail (with that extra squish for the "oh sh1t" moments)
Second that!

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
I just emailed Transition yesterday asking about a fork for the Double. Neil said that it was designed around a current 100mm travel DJ fork. So, I'll be building mine with a Pike :-)

But seriously, looking at the geo of that frame, even 120mm is going to make it ride funky...

Chip

-rsklhm-

Chimp
Sep 27, 2007
The travel on the 55 is 160mm max, and even at 120mm that seems a little much for the bike. Also where are you seeing this fork at for $480? I thought the ATA had white lowers and the one you pictured was the ETA?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Chopped 36 Floats are really good!!!
When you lower it the air chamber gets smaller therefore the fork gets more progressive in the end stroke. It feels soo good.
here is mine at 95mm...