Quantcast

Transition / Revolution wheelset

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
are they the same as azonic outlaws? the price is the same. neither company is known as a wheel maker, so they could be be buying these from the same no-name factory. azonic's web page does not give enough detail to compare the finer points.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
wheels are the new stems and bars. i remember a few years back when all these small companies (like .243 racing) were making frames, then started making bars and stems.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
fiddy_ryder said:
get a bike yet?
the decision is all but made. it probably won't be a transition (sorry gang) :dead: i need another week before i can finalize the purchase and another couple of weeks after that to get the frame and parts. watch for pics.

...and now, back to the thread.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Summit said:
well that's disappointing...so the outlaws are crap? makes sense for that price I suppose.
Who said they were crap?

Outlaws are a damn fine wheelset forthe money... one of the best values in wheelsets that I have ever purchased. Mine have seen time at Northstar, Mammoth, Bootleg Canyon and numerous local trails with only minimal adjustments.

They are not industructable - I have put a flat spot on the rear by casing a small jump (hit the square edge of a concrete piece), but that was all my fault. Don't know many other wheelsets that could take a 210lb rider on a hardtail casing like that.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the 32 hole are just like the outlaws and the locos i beleave but the 36 h are much different.

from my experance with transition i don't think that they would sell or put their name on a prduct that they personnally didn't beleaven in. also they take damn good care of the costumers

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sir_Crackien said:
the 32 hole are just like the outlaws and the locos i beleave but the 36 h are much different.

from my experance with transition i don't think that they would sell or put their name on a prduct that they personnally didn't beleaven in. also they take damn good care of the costumers
agreed. i am not saying they are a bad product, just not their own creation.

it still seems the outlaws are a better buy. for the same money you get a similar quality product, with more axle options.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
They are azonics with their own label boys...And they are sic! Everyone should take advantage of them and call up kevin or kyle and order a set!

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
mandown said:
anyone with ride time on these yet?
didn't we just have a sponsored transition rider say they are the same as the outlaws? If that's the case then there's plenty of positive feedback on them. At that price it's hard to go wrong.

J

JRB

I wonder if I can get the 10mm QR axle for my Locos. :think: I wonder who I would need to call.

J

JRB

fiddy_ryder said:
umm.. if its the same as outlaws.. i have one. I use the nutted axle anyway. find a price online and we can work something out.
I keep thinking that it's for 12mm dropouts, but if the price is right, I'll take it and just see if it works. What sounds fair to you? You have the nuts and the axle???

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
loco said:
I keep thinking that it's for 12mm dropouts, but if the price is right, I'll take it and just see if it works. What sounds fair to you? You have the nuts and the axle???
ok,, which one are you looking for? nutted axle or the quick release? i have the QR set up i dont need (running the 10 axle now).. to go 10mm axle you need the 12mm stepped to 10mm axle. either by atom lab or azonic...

J

JRB

fiddy_ryder said:
ok,, which one are you looking for? nutted axle or the quick release? i have the QR set up i dont need (running the 10 axle now).. to go 10mm axle you need the 12mm stepped to 10mm axle. either by atom lab or azonic...
I thought you were saying you had the bolt on. If you have a solid 10mm QR, I would be interested in that for my trail bike. If it's the hollow QR axle, I am good on those. I wouldn't mind that QR on the Transition wheels though. I really need to figure exactly what I need for a bolt on. I just built an old ritchey hub and treaded the axle for a 6mm bolt for now, but want real bmx bolts on the urban bike. I am thinking the axle will work that either atom lab or azonic has, but I have been leary to try it. I guess I should just get one. I didn't know how generic those are though.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
I have the solid QR axle setup that I dont need. Im using the nutted axle. I am pretty sure that the atom lab, azonic axles will work with the Trans wheels since its all 135 mm spacing(the atom lab setup works with outlaws). Thats as long as the Trans wheels are the 12mm/10mm axle compatible like the outlaws.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ordered a set saturday after the LBS told me it might take awhile to get me another set of Outlaws? Hopefully they hold up as well as the Outlaws.

TBC

Chimp
Oct 18, 2005
stinkyboy said:
Ordered a set saturday after the LBS told me it might take awhile to get me another set of Outlaws? Hopefully they hold up as well as the Outlaws.

Mine are holding up excellently!
And im 217lbs and not the smoothest rider in the world!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
are they as "light" as the website says?
Weight: 32hole Wheelset 2222g, 36hole Wheelset 2449g

afterall, industrynines are supposedly super light and they weigh in at 2140 for the DH set.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
that's a nice option that you can get them in a slightly narrower 32 hole config. I think I would've gone with that if the outlaws were offered in it.