Quantcast

trash it or fix it (also posted in DH)

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
Endoed the landing of a gap-jump. Over the bars into take-off of the next jump. Broken arm. Broken front triangle of a 2001 DHi. Bike has been hammered for 6 years - expert level podium finisher.

Anyone have a small DHi front triangle for cheap?

If not, would you buy a frame & shock for about $300 or just junk it for a new bike.

Before you answer - I will be slowing down with this injury. No more big jumps, races or super risky riding. I am 37 & don't want to miss any of the 15 years or so I have left of surfing at a top level.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
as much as I love fixing things and proving other people wrong when they say it can't be done, it might be time for a new bike. Considering that even 6061 Aluminum has an average frame life of 4-7 years depending on usage, your frame may be at it's life's end. Just make it a nice wall trophy along with pictures of your crash and aftermath.

On the bright side, the 2007 Rotec RL9 is available!

as much as I love fixing things and proving other people wrong when they say it can't be done, it might be time for a new bike. Considering that even 6061 Aluminum has an average frame life of 4-7 years depending on usage, your frame may be at it's life's end. Just make it a nice wall trophy along with pictures of your crash and aftermath.

On the bright side, the 2007 Rotec RL9 is available!
w/e neeb.....