Quantcast

Traveling to Whistler

Bmt67Stang

Chimp
Aug 30, 2007
If planning a trip to Whister for 2-3 people that should last about two weeks.... does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay with multiple bikes / bike stand.... etc???

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
If planning a trip to Whister for 2-3 people that should last about two weeks.... does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay with multiple bikes / bike stand.... etc???
What's your budget? There are a few places I could recommend - any of Bear, Eagle or Deer Lodges, which are right in the village like 5 mins walk from the gondola. They let you keep bikes in the rooms too (don't stay anywhere that won't let you keep your bikes inside, Whistler is the bike theft capital of the world) and are nicely decked out inside. They also charge mostly reasonable rates from what I'm told (less than a hotel). Check out http://www.ownerdirect.com/vacation-rental-community/whistler/eagle-lodge or just google "whistler bear lodge" or whatever.

Otherwise, check out http://www.alluradirect.com/whistler/ which has a lot of owner-direct rentals. As for whether they'll rent for only 2 weeks, I have no idea. Googling whistler accommodation comes up with plenty of stuff though, while most places will be displaying their winter rates now (and are packed as hell), it's easy enough to find somewhere in summer.

Bmt67Stang

Chimp
Aug 30, 2007
hey man check out the search, there should be tons of info out there.
I have looked... there is a decent amount but it is mixed in with mounds of crap and I dont have 2 days to sift through the guys asking to stay with Tyler Morland....etc :rant:

Anyhow, I know with all the people who have traveled to whistler more than once, maybe someone could give me a "Stay here, not there" bit of info... and a few good tips since this is my first trip to whistler.

By the way, we are driving from the Santa Cruz area and may be looking for one more person to carpool with us.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Read Socket's post again. He is spot on with his recomendations. I have stayed at several privately owned places at stoney creek as well that were nice (ground level, private entrance, ez access...much like a condo rather than a hotel room). Most privatley owned places will have a minimum number of nights (or charge a cleaning fee) but I have never heard of a maximum (would just depend on availability). Allura is my 'go-to' when I am looking for a rental @ whistler.

My only other recomendation is to stay AWAY from places that are right on the village walk. You will get VERY tired of being awaken at 2-3-4 AM by 19 y.o drunken tards from north van. Much better to have a couple block further ride and be able to sleep.

Bmt67Stang

Chimp
Aug 30, 2007
Read Socket's post again. He is spot on with his recomendations. I have stayed at several privately owned places at stoney creek as well that were nice (ground level, private entrance, ez access...much like a condo rather than a hotel room). Most privatley owned places will have a minimum number of nights (or charge a cleaning fee) but I have never heard of a maximum (would just depend on availability). Allura is my 'go-to' when I am looking for a rental @ whistler.

My only other recomendation is to stay AWAY from places that are right on the village walk. You will get VERY tired of being awaken at 2-3-4 AM by 19 y.o drunken tards from north van. Much better to have a couple block further ride and be able to sleep.
That is very helpful... Thanks!!

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
Try www.alluradirect.com

It's mostly privately owned condos..good prices i think. Me and a buddy paid $150 each for 4 days which came with 1 bedroom, murphy bed in living room and a futon, full kitchen. We had a grill on the balcony and they're cool about bikes, just have to be hosed off before u get in. I still don't know why they have carpet in the rooms?

Good luck!

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
stay AWAY from places that are right on the village walk. You will get VERY tired of being awaken at 2-3-4 AM by 19 y.o drunken tards from north van. Much better to have a couple block further ride and be able to sleep.
SO true. Three of us stayed at Crystal Lodge (right in the village) due to the convenience. Although not having a 10 minute uphill ride back to a condo after a full day was nice, I will never again stay so close to Village Walk. Damn kids...man, I wish I was that age again and set loose in Whistler.;)

guiepinto

Chimp
Nov 17, 2009
Brazil
http://www.alluradirect.com is all you need.
It has a large variety of condos, with nice pictures, lot of details and realtime availability.

I booked a condo thru AlluraDirect last year and worked fine.

I personally recommend the development The Gables. It is a few pedal strokes from the gondola, but not in the village. A one bedroom condo will cost around $80 per night (min. of 4 nights I think).