Quantcast

Trek 29er DH proto

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
stumbled upon this steed. Took me about 20 seconds to realize it was a 29er. I even had to google to see if they made a 26" version of the WFO

I'd be curious what the Geo #s are with Dorado.

Edit: I'm stumbling upon all sorts of 29er Sh!t tonight. I gotta put the pipe down...

29ers can't Jump...O RLY?

Last edited:

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
I think IF minion dhfs ever become available in 29", this conversation will look a lot different.
:stupid: The thing I miss most about 26" wheels is not having a good selection of Maxxis tires. The Advantage was the most perfectest tire for my local conditions. 29" tire selection is improving annually, but is still subpar. Luckily, 29ers ride well enough to compensate for mediocre tires.

29x2.4 Advantage, Highroller, Minion. Make 'em, Maxxis.

And to whoever said 29ers make you a lazy rider: being a lazy rider makes you a lazy rider. The big wheels make some stuff easier, so I've just stepped up my riding and go for more technical, steeper, faster lines. All those noobs who think it they can get away without having basic bike handling skills are proven otherwise when they try to hang with riders who do have those skills.

Hopefully I'll be the last one who has to say it - if one applies these attitudes retroactively, there never would have been suspension, brake, shifting, and materials innovation. Ride whatcha like, and be glad the bike industry has choices.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
And to whoever said 29ers make you a lazy rider: being a lazy rider makes you a lazy rider. The big wheels make some stuff easier, so I've just stepped up my riding and go for more technical, steeper, faster lines.

Very yes. I'm with you. I ride my 29er faster than I ever rode my 6" trail bike, just because I can. I still have the same skills i had before, but now I push harder and faster with the bigger wheels.