Quantcast

Trek Fuel 70 Upgrades?

jsmith811

Chimp
Aug 12, 2007
I just purchased a Lg. Trek Fuel 70 , for light off road use, and all purpose riding.. any suggestions or weak points to point out on this model.. I posted in the Freeride forum,.. but it belongs here...

The bike has no disc brakes.. So I'm wondering if there is a cost effective way to ad disc brakes and "if" the Suspension needs upgrading?? I looked at a fox rp23, would that make a significant difference in ride quality ?

My #1 question is how to raise the bars about 1.5 "inches. Should I get taller bars or a steeper stem? what are the advantages / disadvantages of stem/vs. just higher bars ??

Thanks...

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
I just purchased a Lg. Trek Fuel 70 , for light off road use, and all purpose riding.. any suggestions or weak points to point out on this model.. I posted in the Freeride forum,.. but it belongs here...

The bike has no disc brakes.. So I'm wondering if there is a cost effective way to ad disc brakes and "if" the Suspension needs upgrading?? I looked at a fox rp23, would that make a significant difference in ride quality ?

My #1 question is how to raise the bars about 1.5 "inches. Should I get taller bars or a steeper stem? what are the advantages / disadvantages of stem/vs. just higher bars ??

Thanks...
buy lube, buy a shock pump, and find a place to ride your bike that's fun. the rest of it isn't going to do you any good.

jsmith811

Chimp
Aug 12, 2007
Ya, just "riding" is where its at, but I do need the bars raised up some, no matter if I upgrade the suspension or not...