Quantcast

Trek/Sam Hill????

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Sam isn't actually going anywhere, he's still riding for the Monster Energy team only they will be on different frames in '09. why is this still so hard for people to understand.:crazy:

as for the actual Trek team, it's being run by Martin Whitely and 23 Degrees so there's a pretty good chance it will be made up of at least a few riders he already represents: Blekinsop, Lehikoinen, Leov, Strait, Strobel, Vasquez, Minnaar, Fairclough. sure a few of them already have contracts but that's not much of an issue in the ultra high-stakes world of DH mtb racing.
Do not count Needles out, even not a 23degrees guy, Martin is a needles fan....oh ya, and Kyle Strait-hes a racer now too.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Ya, with all her marketing training this year while everyone was out racing, she should be a marketing powerhouse.
well, she's a proven winner and looking long term i think it would be good....she wouldn't neccessarily be the headliner on the team, but would be a good investment at a bargain price...

..Top Chick always gets good coverage...

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
well, she's a proven winner and looking long term i think it would be good....she wouldn't neccessarily be the headliner on the team, but would be a good investment at a bargain price...

..Top Chick always gets good coverage...
Wasn't the bargain pay that was offered what pushed her not to race this season? With all of the criticism the women's field puts up with in regard to their talent level it amazes me that no one was willing to give a recent WC winner a decent rate of pay.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/tracey-hannah-explanation-2008.html

x

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Wasn't the bargain pay that was offered what pushed her not to race this season? With all of the criticism the women's field puts up with in regard to their talent level it amazes me that no one was willing to give a recent WC winner a decent rate of pay.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/tracey-hannah-explanation-2008.html

x
Read that article awhile back....don;t have time right now to reread.....but by "bargain" i meant expenses and some sort of salary nothing big dollar.....

Stik,
Top Chick doesn't get good coverage....?......Rachel Atherton seems pretty well known...Sabrina too....
I'll stop now.
You're right.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Steve Smith might be a good pick for the Trek team, not as the team leader but as a solid young prospect who might produce some top results.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Read that article awhile back....don;t have time right now to reread.....but by "bargain" i meant expenses and some sort of salary nothing big dollar.....

Stik,
Top Chick doesn't get good coverage....?......Rachel Atherton seems pretty well known...Sabrina too....
I'll stop now.
You're right.
I have some mediaxfactor databases here, current ones and all the way back to 1997 and the most winning male or female is not the highest paid or the one with the most media impressions.
Ya, I am right.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I have some mediaxfactor databases here, current ones and all the way back to 1997 and the most winning male or female is not the highest paid or the one with the most media impressions.
Ya, I am right.
I wasn't going that deep Stik...

I still think she would be a solid addition to any team.

Go on Hating.

Wow, there sure are a lot of people around here with "inside" knowledge, just out of curiosity, does any one know what team I'll be riding for next year? Maybe you could ask your mechanic friend or god or whoever for me next time you talk to them. The information would be greatly appreciated as it would help me start planning. Thanks!!!

Ohhhhh, I really hope its big news!!!:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Wow, there sure are a lot of people around here with "inside" knowledge, just out of curiosity, does any one know what team I'll be riding for next year? Maybe you could ask your mechanic friend or god or whoever for me next time you talk to them. The information would be greatly appreciated as it would help me start planning. Thanks!!!

my sources tell me you'll be signed by the biggest, most powerful MTB team ever!

Can't wait to see your helmet in teh custom paint thread!

B

boobaciousboob

Just thought i'd throw this into the melle..... How about Nicolas Vouilloz heading up the team? ......

rawcan

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
Nicolas Vouilloz has already signed with Lappiare for another two years.

When i started the thread the intention was strickly to create conversation, kind of like everyone wondering who Brian Lopes would be riding for.....
Some guys get all bent out of shape.;)

Either way this has been a awesome year of world cup racing! It's been a close race and it's been great being able to see the races live.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I heard through Wahoo's that you are going to be the captain of the new factory team Mike. On the downside you will be riding an Ellsworth painted like a fish taco.

You and Brian should come back east next summer and play in the mud again.