Quantcast

Trek stirring it up some more!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I can't wait till Eurobike to find out how unaffordable this bike is!
The thing to remember about most of Trek's MSRPs is that there's a relatively huge margin built in for dealers. If you can find a good shop (*cough* bikeman.com *cough*), they've got the ability to come down a long ways on the sticker price.

I'm digging that Scratch 8 though - built along the same lines as my trail bike: A Bullit with a DHX Air, Totem Air, and light but durable components.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
170mm and no bash huh? Lazy spec., hardly seems like the highest percentage of buyers/riders would opt for a big ring. When will long travel bikes come standard 24/36/bash or 26/38/bash? And it's crazy how different a session looks with the BB jacked up like that!

dhzion

Monkey
May 4, 2008
Mighty Zion
Can't wait to see the geo and $ beta! Curious to hear the ride characteristics being as it's only 20mm more than the Remedy.

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
170mm and no bash huh? Lazy spec., hardly seems like the highest percentage of buyers/riders would opt for a big ring. When will long travel bikes come standard 24/36/bash or 26/38/bash? And it's crazy how different a session looks with the BB jacked up like that!
preach on brutha...

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
When you're trek, you can make things like this happen..
Could also be a type-o, wouldn't be the first time that happened. I did see in the latest issue of Bike that the Lyrik got bumped up to 170mm but haven't heard anything about the TALAS. So, it may not be a type-o either. I just realized I have nothing of value to add :confused:

Let the e-speculation begin.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
2010 Lyrik's are available as 170mm
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2485/3787366385_ee822b1b50_o.jpg

those new trek's look nice. but I would like to echo what Bulldog was saying - I don't understand why these bikes don't come spec with a 2 ring setup + bashguard + guide. then again, judging from how high the BB looks on the pics - you might never hit your rings anyway ;)

here are larger images of the bikes
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2485/3787366385_ee822b1b50_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3615/3788176462_61cb8ec4fb_o.jpg

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
36 series are ineed bumping to 170mm options. no typo there, they will be available to the public as I understand it, david turner was talking about this months ago on the turner boards on mtbr, and how he is designing the new rfx around the 170mm lyric/36.

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
The thing to remember about most of Trek's MSRPs is that there's a relatively huge margin built in for dealers. If you can find a good shop (*cough* bikeman.com *cough*), they've got the ability to come down a long ways on the sticker price.

I'm digging that Scratch 8 though - built along the same lines as my trail bike: A Bullit with a DHX Air, Totem Air, and light but durable components.

dude, just stop fvcking around get one of these:

Attachments

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
I'm with bulldog on the crank issue. When are companies who make the cranks going to make a 2-ring specific with proper chainline offset (like the xx cranks) with a bash and have like a 26, 36 combo. That would probably be really beneficial to most of on this forum with trail bikes. If they made that then bikes would come spec'd better and I would think about running a front derailleur.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm with bulldog on the crank issue. When are companies who make the cranks going to make a 2-ring specific with proper chainline offset (like the xx cranks) with a bash and have like a 26, 36 combo. That would probably be really beneficial to most of on this forum with trail bikes. If they made that then bikes would come spec'd better and I would think about running a front derailleur.
I didn't check, but it's my understanding that's exactly what the SLX gruppo is.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
Bugger the forks and cranks - whats with:-
Alpha Red Aluminum w/ABP, Full Floater, alloy EVO Link, E2 tapered head tube, oversized pivot bearings, ISCG03 mounts, 142×12mm or 135×12mm rear axle, replaceable derailleur hanger, adjustable geometry, 170mm travel
142mm axle? iscg03?
I'm figuring that iscg03 is a typo (why introduce that now?) but I wouldn't put it past trek to introduce a hub standard all of their very own.

dhzion

Monkey
May 4, 2008
Mighty Zion
The two coil-over models appear to come with dual ring and either a bash or guide setup.

135mm goes to 142mm with just the addition of end caps, no huge deviation there.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
I hear through the local grapevine that Trek will be releasing the long awaited Jack replacement; the Ticket. Also through the same grapevine Fox will be releasing a new dirt jump series fork named the 831 after the Santa Cruz County area code. Both to be released at Crankworx.